Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    This?
    Yes but the head was mostly green. What are these?

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Definitely a duck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Settle down, Biff. Let's not jump to conclusions. 2 questions:

1) Did it walk like a duck?
    2) Did it quack like a duck?

Quote Originally Posted by ITK View Post
    Yes but the head was mostly green. What are these?
    It's an iridescence, so it would look more green in some lights and angles and less green in others. It is a domestic mallard breed called a Swedish Cayuga. Must be an escapee or something.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacInVermont View Post
    Settle down, Biff. Let's not jump to conclusions. 2 questions:

1) Did it walk like a duck?
    2) Did it quack like a duck?
    3) Did someone step on a duck?

More bird talk. I took this photo with my iphone through my binoculars in Coasta Rica last January It is obviously a bit blurry but it came out pretty well. Over the course of an hour we watch this Collared Aricari, and Keel Billed Toucan and Chestnut mandibled toucan fight over the fruit in this tree. We were in the garden at our little bed and breakfast near Arenal National Park. Anyone else been birding in central America?

Bird Thread 1: Thread Derailed. Now About Murderous Cats Being Cats ! !

More bird talk. I took this photo with my iphone through my binoculars in Coasta Rica last January It is obviously a bit blurry but it came out pretty well. Over the course of an hour we watch this Collared Aricari, and Keel Billed Toucan and Chestnut mandibled toucan fight over the fruit in this tree. We were in the garden at our little bed and breakfast near Arenal National Park. Anyone else been birding in central America?

My dad has been a number of times. We have an entire hallway at my parents' house dedicated to his bird shots. He loved Costa Rica. He just got back from Brazil a couple of months ago too.

Quote Originally Posted by wakephan09 View Post
    My dad has been a number of times. We have an entire hallway at my parents' house dedicated to his bird shots. He loved Costa Rica. He just got back from Brazil a couple of months ago too.
    Never been to Brazil, but one day I hope. The humming birds down there are amazing.

cookout = blabbermouth?
    Birdy, can I have a pet hummingbird? Seems like that'd be pretty awesome.

Never been to Brazil, but one day I hope. The humming birds down there are amazing.
    I think one of the only pictures of a bird I've ever taken was in Brazil.

Bernie Eskimo Bro
    This is the only bird photo I took when I went to Brazil:

Quote Originally Posted by wfudkn View Post
    Birdy, can I have a pet hummingbird? Seems like that'd be pretty awesome.
    I might be illegal to keep a humming bird as a pet. It would certainly be a lot of work and, at the risk of completely derailing the thread again, your two adorable kitties would definitely try to kill it. You could however get a humming bird feeder to hang up outside a window and then your could watch them all day long.

cookout = blabbermouth?
    I might be illegal to keep a humming bird as a pet. It would certainly be a lot of work and, at the risk of completely derailing the thread again, your two adorable kitties would definitely try to kill it. You could however get a humming bird feeder to hang up outside a window and then your could watch them all day long.
    I'm not sure that I could attract hummingbirds to my back deck

What about roadrunners, they're pretty cool. I always enjoyed seeing roadrunners when I lived in Arizona. On the other end of the cartoon spectrum, I'm no woodpecker fan. Those things like to hack away at and near the Bungalow.
    Runs with deer.

Quote Originally Posted by wfudkn View Post
    I'm not sure that I could attract hummingbirds to my back deck
    You'd be surprised where they'll show up.

Suspected Mallard x Canada Goose hybrid reported in New Jersey. Weird.

http://www.macroevolution.net/mallar...se-hybrid.html

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    What about roadrunners, they're pretty cool. I always enjoyed seeing roadrunners when I lived in Arizona. On the other end of the cartoon spectrum, I'm no woodpecker fan. Those things like to hack away at and near the Bungalow.
    Interesting factoid about road runners: they are actually a type of large, fast, ground Cuckoo.

Junior2016!!!!88!!1!!!!
    some cool birds in Mexico. See green parrot thingys in trees lots of white skinny swans around the pond cool orange ducks and there's a fella in my neighborhood who walks his dog with a big ass parrot on his shoulder almost every night. If he doesn't be a pirate for dia de los muertos I'm gonna be sad. Unless he's David S. Parrots instead.