Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast

Thread: Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

Junior2016!!!!88!!1!!!!
    turkeys are birds. Please take a moment to reflect on this during your thanksgiving.

Males do seriously weird things to get laid

https://www.facebook.com/birdfun.1/v...1901583905962/

Junior2016!!!!88!!1!!!!
    Not spatch cocked

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    You've been waiting all week to post that picture on this thread. Nice job.

Lots of birds in Costa Rica. Big birds, little birds, loud birds, hummingbirds. Didn't expect to see much this morning as it was pissing down rain but 10 minutes later we found an avocado tree with 3 males and 4 females.

Last edited by HuskyDeac; 12-02-2016 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyDeac View Post
    Lots of birds in Costa Rica. Big birds, little birds, loud birds, hummingbirds. Didn't expect to see much this morning as it was pissing down rain but 10 minutes later we found an avocado tree with 3 males and 4 females.

Show off.

Can't wait to see all your pics, but if you keep rubbing it in, you might have to sleep in the playroom.

This is a Steller's Sea Eagle, probably the most badass bird I've ever seen.

This species is classified as vulnerable by the IUCN. They are legally protected, being classified as a National Treasure in Japan and mostly occurring in protected areas in Russia. However, many threats to their survival persist. These mainly include habitat alteration, industrial pollution, and overfishing, which in turn decrease their prey source. The current population is estimated at 5,000 and decreasing.[1] It was observed that recent heavy flooding, which may have been an effect of global climate change, caused almost complete nesting failure for the eagles nesting in Russian rivers due to completely hampering the ability of the parents to capture the fish essential to their nestlings' survival.[31] Persecution of the bird in Russia continues, due to its habit of stealing furbearers from trappers.[5] Due to a lack of other accessible prey in some areas, increasingly, eagles on Hokkaido have moved inland and scavenged on sika deer carcasses left by hunters, exposing them to a risk of lead poisoning through ingestion of lead shot.

It took about 10 minutes of throwing rocks at these Scarlet Macaw to get them to piss off. They were scaring off the vultures.

I hit the black mandible toucan first shot. No time for video.
    Last edited by HuskyDeac; 12-05-2016 at 04:12 PM.

It took about 10 minutes of throwing rocks at these Scarlet Macaw to get them to piss off. They were scaring off the vultures.

I hit the black mandible toucan first shot. No time for video.
    S is officially going to be told that Uncle Husky really wants him to wake him up first thing.

Scientists discovered a fossilized dinosaur tail with feathers, preserved in amber.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-38224564

Wisdom, the 66 year of female Laysan Albatross is back on Midway Atoll and she's an expectant mother again.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...g-at-age-of-66

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Scientists discovered a fossilized dinosaur tail with feathers, preserved in amber.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-38224564
    Am I right that we couldn't clone it because DNA breaks down after 6-7 million years or so and this specimen is 99 million years old?

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    Am I right that we couldn't clone it because DNA breaks down after 6-7 million years or so and this specimen is 99 million years old?
    Sorry, I'm not a geneticist. I have no idea what the longevity of DNA molecules is. I do think diapsids (birds, lizards, crocodilians and dinosaurs) are quite difficult to clone because of the mechanics of their eggs. Sealed in side a membrane, inside a shell, you'd have to implant the fertilized embryo inside a gravid female and get her to implant the embryo into an egg. Lots of steps and potential for error at each one.

Saw this on Reddit. Can one of you bird people make these happen over here?