Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

where was your worst bird poop experience?

i got got in Vienna awhile back. very messy

This bar I go to here has a covered patio with all these branches and vines -- it attracts birds. I've been on more than one date where I've had a little present dropped on my shoulder. Fortunately, I laugh/brush it off and my ability to roll with it just charms the ladies even more, so maybe those are good bird poop experiences in hindsight.
    Runs with deer.

Quote Originally Posted by wfudkn View Post
    I like geese
    Jack - Baylor 2002, lifelong Wake Fan

Great bird story:

http://www.audubon.org/news/the-hawa...s-big-comeback

Alala's are extinct in the wild as of about 20 years ago. They've had a captive population for quite a while and tried to release some about 10 years ago but all were quickly eaten by Hawaiian Hawks. Looks like they are ready to try again, hopefully this time with a little better planning.

The Pumpfaker
    One time in my teenage years my friends and I were being followed by the police while we were on acid and had a case of beer in the backseat (bright move!). Well for some strange reason that can only be attributed to the LSD we hit a bird. Of course it tumbles back and hits the cop cruiser. He immediately turns on his lights and pulls us over. Turns out it was a guy we knew from high school and he's all like "He guys long time no see, what did you throw at me?" And we we were like "Kenny, why would we throw anything at a cop, a bird flew into our goddamn windshield!" The driver then reaches around and plucks a feather from behind the windshield wipers. "See Kenny!" And we break out into hysterical laughter.

Kenny, laughing too, says "Be careful guys, see you around" and let's us drive away with my friend sitting on a case of Old Milwaukee with a coat over it in the backseat tripping balls.

True story.
    Last edited by Ralph Medlin; 10-13-2016 at 11:11 AM.

Junior2016!!!!88!!1!!!!
    Rubbins likes that story

Quote Originally Posted by Bears and Deacs View Post
    wtf is that?

It can't be unseen.

Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheDeacons View Post
    It can't be unseen.
    babyhorsehoof.jpg

Birds I saw today:
    Northern Mockingbird, House Sparrow, Eastern Meadowlark, Eastern Bluebird, fish crow, Eastern Phoebe, Juvenile Broad winged Hawk (thanks chicDeac!), northern Cardinal, turkey vulture, mourning dove, common grackle, Hairy woodpecker, and a brown thrasher.

What's the worst bird out there?

Geese suck

Quote Originally Posted by bmoneydeac View Post
    What's the worst bird out there?
    I'd vote for brown headed cowbird.

sry birdman looks like barca has you beat on bird knowledge.

Is it true that mom birds will reject eggs if I touch them? Because I did that once as a kid and it's weighed on my conscience for a good 20+ years now.

I do not like Cormorants. They're only good for shitting docks and killing trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfan2009 View Post
    Is it true that mom birds will reject eggs if I touch them? Because I did that once as a kid and it's weighed on my conscience for a good 20+ years now.
    That is not true. Most birds have no sense of smell and would have no ideas that you touched the eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Birds I saw today:
    Northern Mockingbird, House Sparrow, Eastern Meadowlark, Eastern Bluebird, fish crow, Eastern Phoebe, Juvenile Broad winged Hawk (thanks chicDeac!), northern Cardinal, turkey vulture, mourning dove, common grackle, Hairy woodpecker, and a brown thrasher.
    I feel like you just threw this one in there to mess with us, and I really don't want to google it.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I'd vote for brown headed cowbird.
    My vote is for european starlings.