Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    That is not true. Most birds have no sense of smell and would have no ideas that you touched the eggs.
    Yep, we routinely have manipulated clutch size and handled both eggs and chicks in the field, mama bird doesn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by NFDeac View Post
    I feel like you just threw this one in there to mess with us, and I really don't want to google it.
    Nah, it's safe.

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/...Woodpecker/id/

Do bird people like Canada geese?

What are your favorite bird expressions? I feel like I don't say "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" nearly enough. Nor "for the birds".

Are you triggered by talks of "one stone?"

Quote Originally Posted by ChicdeaC View Post
    My vote is for european starlings.
    They aren't so bad in their native range. Have you seen any murmuration videos?

Quote Originally Posted by bmoneydeac View Post
    Do bird people like Canada geese?
    Bird people should explain why their called Canada Geese and not Canadian Geese.

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    Bird people should explain why their called Canada Geese and not Canadian Geese.
    Because they are named after the country, Canada, not after the people that live in that country Canadians.

Because they are named after the country, Canada, not after the people that live in that country Canadians.
    so why are there birds with "American" in their name? a quick Wikipedia search reveals the American black duck, American flamingo, American white pelican and so on.

so why are there birds with "American" in their name? a quick Wikipedia search reveals the American black duck, American flamingo, American white pelican and so on.
    America is not a country
    The United States of America ('Merica) is, I'm guessing that's just a bit cumbersome to say
    So American is kin to saying European or Asian, doesn't necessarily specify 'Merican

Yeah, but Canadian is used as an adjective for all types of nouns that aren't people.

The kookaburra is very, very underrated.

The are of decent size, their call sounds like a laugh and they routinely take meat from outdoor grills.

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    Yeah, but Canadian is used as an adjective for all types of nouns that aren't people.
    Except car. Nobody talks about Canadian cars.

While we're at it, why is it Canada Dry and not Canadian Dry?

That is not true. Most birds have no sense of smell and would have no ideas that you touched the eggs.
    Wow, why were we lied to as children!?

They aren't so bad in their native range. Have you seen any murmuration videos?
    yeah, it's just hard for me to think of them as anything but pests.

Quote Originally Posted by cookoutdeac View Post
    Because it's safer for the birds to not have kids touching their eggs, If you thought you could mess with nature all you'd have effed it up cookout.

I mean, technically they're named Branta canadensis and the common name is what it is. There's a Canada Warbler as well and I think a Canada pine...
    Last edited by ChicdeaC; 10-14-2016 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cookoutdeac View Post
    Because of Santa Claus.

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Your parents probably just didn't want you touching gross birds' eggs.
    I mean they do come out of a cloaca, they are pretty dirty.