• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

I once watched a mother rabbit fight off a big ass hawk trying to steal her baby bunnies, presumably for to eat or gut or just torture for pleasure. It was pretty badass.

I watched a common crow doing some shit to build a nest for a few minutes yesterday and I thought to myself that I could see myself getting into birding when I'm too old to do any athletic.

Generally speaking, where are you located? There is no such thing as a "common crow" in North America. Could be an American Crow or a Fish Crow in the Eastern US. Also, building a nest this time of year would be strange behavior.

It's the Birdman daddy, I fly in any weather

Birdman-Genius-Talks-BET-experience-2016-billboard-1548.jpg

I watched a common crow doing some shit to build a nest for a few minutes yesterday and I thought to myself that I could see myself getting into birding when I'm too old to do any athletic.

Generally speaking, where are you located? There is no such thing as a "common crow" in North America. Could be an American Crow or a Fish Crow in the Eastern US. Also, building a nest this time of year would be strange behavior.

Birded.

yeah, though it's unclear if he just didn't know or if he was propagating another Rust Belt sports lie similar to his Detroit baseball tales.

He probably doesn't know the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the finals.

Birdman I think chic gave me some bad intel so hopefully you can birdsplain this to her. When you go by a tree that sounds like there are hundreds of birds in it all making noises isn't that a bird orgy?

Today's birds are just OK. I wish we could bring back dinosaurs to show them how it's done.

Birdman, do you think there is a chance that the thunderbird from Native American lore are a relic branch of pterosaurs? Or are they just really big eagles?

I found a pigeon stuck in my fence earlier this year. It had somehow gotten it's leg stuck between two slats of the fence, struggled enough to get really wedged in there, and was just hanging upside down. I managed to separate the slats with a screw driver, and lifted the bird out on a broom. He hid in a corner of my yard for a few hours. I was afraid he'd die because google told me that he could be in shock. But eventually he was gone.

I find pigeon feathers in my yard often. I like to think they are telling one another that this house is bird-friendly.

Today's birds are just OK. I wish we could bring back dinosaurs to show them how it's done.

Birdman, do you think there is a chance that the thunderbird from Native American lore are a relic branch of pterosaurs? Or are they just really big eagles?

Today's birds are Dinosaurs, and some of them are completely badass.
maxresdefault.jpg

53386976.PileatedWoodpecker23.JPG

I have one of these suckers in my backyard. I am going to take some SICK pictures this weekend and have birdman school me on my other birds though.

Chic said juvenile broad winged. BIRD FIGHT!

Yeah I could see that, I forgot that Juvenile Broad-wings have that clean white-patch on there upper chest. Get a better picture next time.
Here is a red-tailed:
f1d7633a28fcac0c583573a779941dcf.jpg

and here is a juvenile broadwing:
fQYSUbVfts-T7pS2VP2wnKyN8wxywmXtY0-FwsgxpzzGTnmoxgKTxqMK72c1CC1qK2Re7rPBKX-vsUHLIfxk

Last edited:
Back