• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

That is not true. Most birds have no sense of smell and would have no ideas that you touched the eggs.

Yep, we routinely have manipulated clutch size and handled both eggs and chicks in the field, mama bird doesn't care.

Do bird people like Canada geese?

What are your favorite bird expressions? I feel like I don't say "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" nearly enough. Nor "for the birds".

Are you triggered by talks of "one stone?"

Bird people should explain why their called Canada Geese and not Canadian Geese.

Because they are named after the country, Canada, not after the people that live in that country Canadians.

Because they are named after the country, Canada, not after the people that live in that country Canadians.

so why are there birds with "American" in their name? a quick Wikipedia search reveals the American black duck, American flamingo, American white pelican and so on.

so why are there birds with "American" in their name? a quick Wikipedia search reveals the American black duck, American flamingo, American white pelican and so on.

America is not a country
The United States of America ('Merica) is, I'm guessing that's just a bit cumbersome to say
So American is kin to saying European or Asian, doesn't necessarily specify 'Merican

Yeah, but Canadian is used as an adjective for all types of nouns that aren't people.

The kookaburra is very, very underrated.

The are of decent size, their call sounds like a laugh and they routinely take meat from outdoor grills.

Wow, why were we lied to as children!?

Because it's safer for the birds to not have kids touching their eggs, If you thought you could mess with nature all :willynilly: you'd have effed it up cookout.

Bird people should explain why their called Canada Geese and not Canadian Geese.

I mean, technically they're named Branta canadensis and the common name is what it is. There's a Canada Warbler as well and I think a Canada pine...

Last edited:
26-clearly-canadian2_w529_h352.jpg

Back