Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647

Thread: Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

WILDLIFE in my yard recently:

good lord those turned out large. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacDiggler View Post
    good lord those turned out large. Sorry about that.
    That's what she said.

Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

This lady takes bird songs and sets the to beats and music. The product is usually pretty awesome. Some one posted a picture of a Common Potoo on the chat thread a week or so ago with a ďwtf, bird manĒ comment. So here is the common Potoo remix:

Birds are real.

Thatís fantastic.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Thatís pretty cool.

Hereís a cool study led by an old friend of mine.

Indiana University researchers find that a single day of competition in the wild is encoded in the brain

https://biology.indiana.edu/news-eve...-in-brain.html

I disagree with you
    Hey we had a great horned owl in our yard a few weeks ago. It was eating a vulture it had killed.

I downloaded the Merlin Bird ID app on my phone. Identified a Black Vulture and a Barred Owl from my backyard yesterday. The Barred Owl was sitting in a dead tree in our yard for a very long time hooting with an owl in my neighbor's yard. It was fun to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    I downloaded the Merlin Bird ID app on my phone. Identified a Black Vulture and a Barred Owl from my backyard yesterday. The Barred Owl was sitting in a dead tree in our yard for a very long time hooting with an owl in my neighbor's yard. It was fun to listen to.
    Merlin App is great for getting started or when traveling to new areas with birds you're not familiar with.
    Birds are real.

I think he needs all the help he can get since it was needed to identify a black vulture.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Gossett Jr View Post
    I think he needs all the help he can get since it was needed to identify a black vulture.
    Now, now, go easy, juvenile turkey vultures have black heads and can be pretty easily confused with a black vultures.
    Birds are real.

Yo birdman. Found this baby bird just outside my fence. I know thereís a barred owl nesting somewhere close by, is this likely one of theirs? Calling a wildlife rescue for them.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    Yo birdman. Found this baby bird just outside my fence. I know thereís a barred owl nesting somewhere close by, is this likely one of theirs? Calling a wildlife rescue for them.

Yeah. Itís definitely a bird of prey and probably an owl. Itís only a couple days old. The nest is probably in a tree right there. Some old half dead tree with a broken off branch and a hollowed out trunk. It would probably be fine if you could find the nest and put it back.
    Birds are real.