• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

I love cats. I have two cats, they sleep in my bed at night. I would be upset and sad if one got eaten by a coyote and so I protect them by keeping them inside.

Survival of the fittest, man.

You know what I like ? Birds with huge talons that swoop down and pick up kittens out of the grass and then fly away before dropping them on a rock from 700 feet in the air and then returning to the ground to tear at their flesh.

You know what I like ? Birds with huge talons that swoop down and pick up kittens out of the grass and then fly away before dropping them on a rock from 700 feet in the air and then returning to the ground to tear at their flesh.

efd4cdce_IMG_0223.jpeg

Better to be a lion for a day. Let cats do their thing- so long as they're fixed.

Better to be a lion for a day. Let cats do their thing- so long as they're fixed.

"Fixing" a cat fixes none of the ecological problems out door cat's create and only has a minimal effect on the health and safety issues acquired by outdoor cats. So, please offer some alternative solution that meets all objectives (Cat happiness, ecological integrity, minimizing bird/wildlife death due to cats).

"Fixing" a cat fixes none of the ecological problems out door cat's create and only has a minimal effect on the health and safety issues acquired by outdoor cats. So, please offer some alternative solution that meets all objectives (Cat happiness, ecological integrity, minimizing bird/wildlife death due to cats).

Humans are a much bigger problem and I do not believe your statistics. Guarantee they were concocted by cat-hating birdies.

Also, I think a lot of cat owners might find that picture upsetting and in poor taste.

Humans are a much bigger problem and I do not believe your statistics. Guarantee they were concocted by cat-hating birdies.

Ok, keep Humans indoors too.

Science and math not vast left wing conspiracies. I gave you a peer reviewed scientific article in Nature Communications, one of the most revered natural science publications in the world, and you just cast it off with "I do not believe your statistics." If the stats are biased, provide opposing data and analyses, that draw different conclusions. Other wise, fuck off and go back to the Crooked Hillary thread. Wakephan already ruined my grackle memories this afternoon.

Last edited:
Since living in Austin, I've been pooped on by Grackles three or four times.

Once, I was on a date at a bar. Bird just shat right in my hair. Girl thought it was hilarious, but I was kinda mortified.

Another time, got shat on at another bar. Leg, I think. I picked up a flat rock from the ground to wipe it off, then threw the rock away. Then I picked up a second rock to finish the wiping job, but failed to realize it was exactly the same rock as before and I ended up wiping the shit back on to me. Good times.

Since living in Austin, I've been pooped on by Grackles three or four times.

Once, I was on a date at a bar. Bird just shat right in my hair. Girl thought it was hilarious, but I was kinda mortified.

Another time, got shat on at another bar. Leg, I think. I picked up a flat rock from the ground to wipe it off, then threw the rock away. Then I picked up a second rock to finish the wiping job, but failed to realize it was exactly the same rock as before and I ended up wiping the shit back on to me. Good times.

You really can't blame this part on the bird.

Getting shat on by a bird is supposedly good luck btw. Dwayne Wade thinks so: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/06/dwyane-wade-bird-poop-snapchat-story

You really can't blame this part on the bird.

Getting shat on by a bird is supposedly good luck btw. Dwayne Wade thinks so: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/06/dwyane-wade-bird-poop-snapchat-story

Very true. Birds received no negreps for that re-wiping incident. Plus, I had just finished a run or something, so I was sweaty and gross already. The date situation was more embarrassing. That one was all on the bird.

I've got a bird question: do birds ever poop while they are flying? I swear I've been pooped on by a bird when I was in the middle of a street with no power lines, but I always imagine them sitting and trolling in trees or on power lines.

Yes, some birds poop while they fly. Some poop while they a perched or standing. They do it while they are walking. They pretty much poop where ever, when ever they need to.

Yes, some birds poop while they fly. Some poop while they a perched or standing. They do it while they are walking. They pretty much poop where ever, when ever they need to.

Bad ass.

Very true. Birds received no negreps for that re-wiping incident. Plus, I had just finished a run or something, so I was sweaty and gross already. The date situation was more embarrassing. That one was all on the bird.

Maybe the bird was trying to be your wingman by giving you a reason to move the date to your shower.

From Cat Defender, a site devoted to exposing the crimes of bird lovers:
Evil Galveston Bird Lover Is Finally Arrested After Having Gunned Down Hundreds of Cats
http://catdefender.blogspot.de/2006/11/evil-galveston-bird-lover-is-finally.html

A lot of people aren't aware of their misdeeds, but there is no shortage of animal cruelty committed by bird fanatics. Birds are cool, but the hardcore bird people tend to be pretty out there when it comes to cats. On the other hand, I can't imagine people who are devoted to their cats like rsf or itk or rtq ever engaging in cruelty to birds or other animals.

From Cat Defender, a site devoted to exposing the crimes of bird lovers:
Evil Galveston Bird Lover Is Finally Arrested After Having Gunned Down Hundreds of Cats
http://catdefender.blogspot.de/2006/11/evil-galveston-bird-lover-is-finally.html

A lot of people aren't aware of their misdeeds, but there is no shortage of animal cruelty committed by bird fanatics. Birds are cool, but the hardcore bird people tend to be pretty out there when it comes to cats. On the other hand, I can't imagine people who are devoted to their cats like rsf or itk or rtq ever engaging in cruelty to birds or other animals.

I reject you statistics, and the phony numbers in the ranting and raving "article" that you just posted. Scientific peer reviewed research and data analysis please.

All of these problems could be solved if people kept their cats indoors. We don't let dogs roam the neighborhood, we don't let our pet snakes out for a few hours to quell their boredom; why do cats have rights that other pets do not? Keep them inside and you, they, and the birds won't have any problems.

Back