• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

where was your worst bird poop experience?

i got got in Vienna awhile back. very messy

This bar I go to here has a covered patio with all these branches and vines -- it attracts birds. I've been on more than one date where I've had a little present dropped on my shoulder. Fortunately, I laugh/brush it off and my ability to roll with it just charms the ladies even more, so maybe those are good bird poop experiences in hindsight.

I like geese

df8f6a40c4b8a82779515f5a4fff8b7f.jpg

Great bird story:

http://www.audubon.org/news/the-hawaiian-crow-ready-make-its-big-comeback

Alala's are extinct in the wild as of about 20 years ago. They've had a captive population for quite a while and tried to release some about 10 years ago but all were quickly eaten by Hawaiian Hawks. Looks like they are ready to try again, hopefully this time with a little better planning.

One time in my teenage years my friends and I were being followed by the police while we were on acid and had a case of beer in the backseat (bright move!). Well for some strange reason that can only be attributed to the LSD we hit a bird. Of course it tumbles back and hits the cop cruiser. He immediately turns on his lights and pulls us over. Turns out it was a guy we knew from high school and he's all like "He guys long time no see, what did you throw at me?" And we we were like "Kenny, why would we throw anything at a cop, a bird flew into our goddamn windshield!" The driver then reaches around and plucks a feather from behind the windshield wipers. "See Kenny!" And we break out into hysterical laughter.

Kenny, laughing too, says "Be careful guys, see you around" and let's us drive away with my friend sitting on a case of Old Milwaukee with a coat over it in the backseat tripping balls.

True story.

Last edited:
Birds I saw today:
Northern Mockingbird, House Sparrow, Eastern Meadowlark, Eastern Bluebird, fish crow, Eastern Phoebe, Juvenile Broad winged Hawk (thanks chicDeac!), northern Cardinal, turkey vulture, mourning dove, common grackle, Hairy woodpecker, and a brown thrasher.

What's the worst bird out there?

sry birdman looks like barca has you beat on bird knowledge.

Is it true that mom birds will reject eggs if I touch them? Because I did that once as a kid and it's weighed on my conscience for a good 20+ years now.

I do not like Cormorants. They're only good for shitting docks and killing trees.

Is it true that mom birds will reject eggs if I touch them? Because I did that once as a kid and it's weighed on my conscience for a good 20+ years now.

That is not true. Most birds have no sense of smell and would have no ideas that you touched the eggs.

Birds I saw today:
Northern Mockingbird, House Sparrow, Eastern Meadowlark, Eastern Bluebird, fish crow, Eastern Phoebe, Juvenile Broad winged Hawk (thanks chicDeac!), northern Cardinal, turkey vulture, mourning dove, common grackle, Hairy woodpecker, and a brown thrasher.

I feel like you just threw this one in there to mess with us, and I really don't want to google it. :sketch:

Back