• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

[video]http://www.audubon.org/sites/default/files/sharon_hero.mp4[/video]

We know more about birds.

I was thinking you were going to say that studying birds helps us understand the impact of certain events on the global ecosystem. Like if a bird species dies off it could be a sign of bigger problems. Kind of like a macro canary in a coal mine kind of thing. But I guess we study them just for the sake of knowledge, and that's cool too.

I was thinking you were going to say that studying birds helps us understand the impact of certain events on the global ecosystem. Like if a bird species dies off it could be a sign of bigger problems. Kind of like a macro canary in a coal mine kind of thing. But I guess we study them just for the sake of knowledge, and that's cool too.

Haha! Yes, that too. I was at a conference and didn't have time to go into depth, thus a flippant yet effective response.

What's the deal with mother fucking GRACKLE'S? Those things are seriously in the running for worst creature on planet earth.

Also, real actual bird-knowledge question (Boring Chic can answer too):

What is your favorite example of sexual dimorphism in birds? (fucking grackles inspired this question)

I'm upping our picture game; Here is a picture of a blue crowned motmot I took in Monteverde Costa Rica in January 2016.
DToJRVB.jpg

What is your favorite example of sexual dimorphism in birds? (fucking grackles inspired this question)

So many good examples. Something like this is probably my answer:

maxresdefault.jpg

I love that Nickelodeon-looking bird. What a clown.

What about grackles, though? They suck, right?

Wilson's Bird of Paradise
foto6HBW14.jpg

That tail is totally badass. Good answers, birddocs.

What about the GRACKLES!?

Back