• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

I reject you statistics, and the phony numbers in the ranting and raving "article" that you just posted. Scientific peer reviewed research and data analysis please.

All of these problems could be solved if people kept their cats indoors. We don't let dogs roam the neighborhood, we don't let our pet snakes out for a few hours to quell their boredom; why do cats have rights that other pets do not? Keep them inside and you, they, and the birds won't have any problems.

Even though most of the public is unaware, there is no shortage of ghastly stories about cat-hating bird lovers.
A postdoctoral researcher at the Smithsonian's Migratory Bird Center at the National Zoo was found guilty Monday of attempting to poison cats in her northwest Washington neighborhood. Security cameras had caught Nico Dauphine, 38, standing over a bowl of cat food outside an apartment complex last March. She denied the charges and claimed she was just removing food to keep strays away. Prosecutors argued that she had taken rat poison out of a bag in her purse and was putting it on the food.
http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla/2011/11/a-dc-bird-researcher-is-convicted-of-trying-to-poison-cats.html

1724195068471a36d41065c4e7a79cc5.jpg

Hi Mr. birdman. What type of bird is in your avatar? I tried to use Google's reverse image search and it told me it was a "bird". No duh, Google.

Hi Mr. birdman. What type of bird is in your avatar? I tried to use Google's reverse image search and it told me it was a "bird". No duh, Google.

It's an American Oystercather, objectively the best birds out there.

Forcing them to remain indoors. What poses a greater threat to all other species- loss of habitation and environmental degradation due to human overpopulation or cats? Maybe we need to start talking about the impact humans are having.

tumblr_ofkl28qFpW1u2klrwo1_400.gif

When birders get together, just amongst themselves, the cat hatred pours out of them. I went on a bird watch at Rocky Mountain National Park and was appalled. Also, I suspect there is a very high rate of autism among birders- spend some time with them and they all obsess over their "checklists". That explains the lack of empathy. But they try and keep it on the dl cause they know the public, which tends to love cats, would turn against them if they knew the truth.

Reactions: ITK
Birdman do you eat any fowl? If so are you super into how it is sourced?

I'm sorry for telling secrets out of school birdman, but I feel the public deserves to know the truth about the dark underbelly of birding.

When birders get together, just amongst themselves, the cat hatred pours out of them. I went on a bird watch at Rocky Mountain National Park and was appalled. Also, I suspect there is a very high rate of autism among birders- spend some time with them and they all obsess over their "checklists". That explains the lack of empathy. But they try and keep it on the dl cause they know the public, which tends to love cats, would turn against them if they knew the truth.

We all know you've never left the county.

tumblr_ofjao7F2ZA1qzaoamo1_500.gif

Birdman do you eat any fowl? If so are you super into how it is sourced?

I'm a vegetarian (except shellfish) but I do eat eggs and I am fairly into where they are sourced and how they are produced. Mostly I eat the eggs that my own pet chickens lay, but currently those old lazy hens are on a break so it's super expensive free range organic eggs from Publix.

I'm a vegetarian (except shellfish) but I do eat eggs and I am fairly into where they are sourced and how they are produced. Mostly I eat the eggs that my own pet chickens lay, but currently those old lazy hens are on a break so it's super expensive free range organic eggs from Publix.

birdman has pet chickens! Now that is awesome. You won't eat them will you?

Back