• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

This?
701670689_orig.jpg

Yes but the head was mostly green. What are these?

Definitely a duck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes but the head was mostly green. What are these?

It's an iridescence, so it would look more green in some lights and angles and less green in others. It is a domestic mallard breed called a Swedish Cayuga. Must be an escapee or something.

More bird talk. I took this photo with my iphone through my binoculars in Coasta Rica last January It is obviously a bit blurry but it came out pretty well. Over the course of an hour we watch this Collared Aricari, and Keel Billed Toucan and Chestnut mandibled toucan fight over the fruit in this tree. We were in the garden at our little bed and breakfast near Arenal National Park. Anyone else been birding in central America?

S3nzwZZ.png

Bird Thread 1: Thread Derailed. Now About Murderous Cats Being Cats ! !

More bird talk. I took this photo with my iphone through my binoculars in Coasta Rica last January It is obviously a bit blurry but it came out pretty well. Over the course of an hour we watch this Collared Aricari, and Keel Billed Toucan and Chestnut mandibled toucan fight over the fruit in this tree. We were in the garden at our little bed and breakfast near Arenal National Park. Anyone else been birding in central America?

S3nzwZZ.png

My dad has been a number of times. We have an entire hallway at my parents' house dedicated to his bird shots. He loved Costa Rica. He just got back from Brazil a couple of months ago too.

My dad has been a number of times. We have an entire hallway at my parents' house dedicated to his bird shots. He loved Costa Rica. He just got back from Brazil a couple of months ago too.

Never been to Brazil, but one day I hope. The humming birds down there are amazing.

Birdy, can I have a pet hummingbird? Seems like that'd be pretty awesome.

Birdy, can I have a pet hummingbird? Seems like that'd be pretty awesome.

I might be illegal to keep a humming bird as a pet. It would certainly be a lot of work and, at the risk of completely derailing the thread again, your two adorable kitties would definitely try to kill it. You could however get a humming bird feeder to hang up outside a window and then your could watch them all day long.

I might be illegal to keep a humming bird as a pet. It would certainly be a lot of work and, at the risk of completely derailing the thread again, your two adorable kitties would definitely try to kill it. You could however get a humming bird feeder to hang up outside a window and then your could watch them all day long.

I'm not sure that I could attract hummingbirds to my back deck

What about roadrunners, they're pretty cool. I always enjoyed seeing roadrunners when I lived in Arizona. On the other end of the cartoon spectrum, I'm no woodpecker fan. Those things like to hack away at and near the Bungalow.

What about roadrunners, they're pretty cool. I always enjoyed seeing roadrunners when I lived in Arizona. On the other end of the cartoon spectrum, I'm no woodpecker fan. Those things like to hack away at and near the Bungalow.

Interesting factoid about road runners: they are actually a type of large, fast, ground Cuckoo.

some cool birds in Mexico. See green parrot thingys in trees lots of white skinny swans around the pond cool orange ducks and there's a fella in my neighborhood who walks his dog with a big ass parrot on his shoulder almost every night. If he doesn't be a pirate for dia de los muertos I'm gonna be sad. Unless he's David S. Parrots instead.

Back