• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

This lady takes bird songs and sets the to beats and music. The product is usually pretty awesome. Some one posted a picture of a Common Potoo on the chat thread a week or so ago with a “wtf, bird man” comment. So here is the common Potoo remix:

Hey we had a great horned owl in our yard a few weeks ago. It was eating a vulture it had killed.

I downloaded the Merlin Bird ID app on my phone. Identified a Black Vulture and a Barred Owl from my backyard yesterday. The Barred Owl was sitting in a dead tree in our yard for a very long time hooting with an owl in my neighbor's yard. It was fun to listen to.

I downloaded the Merlin Bird ID app on my phone. Identified a Black Vulture and a Barred Owl from my backyard yesterday. The Barred Owl was sitting in a dead tree in our yard for a very long time hooting with an owl in my neighbor's yard. It was fun to listen to.

Merlin App is great for getting started or when traveling to new areas with birds you're not familiar with.

Yo birdman. Found this baby bird just outside my fence. I know there’s a barred owl nesting somewhere close by, is this likely one of theirs? Calling a wildlife rescue for them.

b9e91aae335ba488afc9ea711d55c68d.jpg

Yo birdman. Found this baby bird just outside my fence. I know there’s a barred owl nesting somewhere close by, is this likely one of theirs? Calling a wildlife rescue for them.

b9e91aae335ba488afc9ea711d55c68d.jpg

Yeah. It’s definitely a bird of prey and probably an owl. It’s only a couple days old. The nest is probably in a tree right there. Some old half dead tree with a broken off branch and a hollowed out trunk. It would probably be fine if you could find the nest and put it back.

man, I hope the cruise is fun, but on my two trips to Croatia, the towns when the cruise ships were in versus when they weren't was night and day

just absolutely stuffed with people

Whoa:

@birdman

We have a bird coming around to our feeder whose body type is similar to a cardinal with slightly longer tail feathers, but is black, with a light brown and white breast. What type of bird is this?

The coloring is like an eastern towhee, but it had a crest like a cardinal and the brown was on top of the white on the breast rather than bracketing it.

Last edited:
Towhees actually do have a crest, but they only show it when stressed or feeling aggressive. So, maybe its chasing off other birds at the feeder and thus flashing the crest.

64991941-480px.jpg

I think they are fairly common, but this is the first time we have had a rose breasted Grosbeak in our yard.
626abcccf2609d5b6eea9b5cf372d830.jpg

a7e82681d4f4a75cc7367bfcde3651bc.jpg

Back