• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

Some stupid bird pooped on the steps up to my front porch.

Never park your car under a holly trees. Birds eat those and then drop acid bombs on your paint.

Never park your car under a holly trees. Birds eat those and then drop acid bombs on your paint.

Every January a flock of non-migrating robins spends several days stripping all the berries from holly trees at my Dad's house. The robins are around now, but aren't touching the berries just yet. About two weeks until that happens.

https://www.reddit.com/r/coolguides/comments/kx5jhv/i_made_a_guide_explaining_how_some_birds_got/

t0jxm0y1uab61.png

Hey birdman, what kind of berries are the birds around my house eating that's causing them to shit purple all over my porch?

didn't you say you have a shit ton of blueberries?

BUSHTIT was a crossword answer today and it is now my favorite bird of all time.

Hey birdman, what kind of berries are the birds around my house eating that's causing them to shit purple all over my porch?

Sorry I missed this. This time of year it’s probably holly berries mixed with cedar berries. You’ve probably got Cedar Waxwings.

Sorry I missed this. This time of year it’s probably holly berries mixed with cedar berries. You’ve probably got Cedar Waxwings.

Flock of non-migratory robins stripped the holly trees in my Dad's yard last week. Happens every year. 20-30 id them pick a day and keep eating until the trees are bare of berries.

Huge roost of crows by my workplace recently...making noise and pooping like crazy!

Led me to this page: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CROWS

Near the bottom there’s these humorous brief questions and answers...

What do crows eat?

everything

Why do crows gather in flocks during the day?

to cruise the singles' flocks

How smart are crows?

smarter than many undergraduates, but probably not as smart as ravens

Are crows getting bigger?

no

Are crow populations increasing?

probably, but not as much as you think

How can you tell a male crow from a female?

not easily

How many different calls do crows make?

lots, but most of them still sound like "caw"

Why do crows hate owls?

many good reasons, most having to do with decapitated crows

Do crows play?

yes

Do crows make good pets?

yes, but they're VERY illegal

a thought I had about birds the other day was that bird-themed logos for soccer teams are so much better than bird-themed design in the NFL

Hey birdman, we have a bluejay that sits on our doors off our back porch and just stares in at us all the time. Also, sometimes when we open the door to let the dogs out, it flies into the house and we have to catch it in a blanket to get it out again. Is it possibly a reincarnated dead relative trying to come visit, or more likely just a harbinger of doom? Either way, he’s kind of an asshole for a bluejay.

Back