• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

We saw a bald eagle at my wife uncle’s house in Charlotte a few weeks ago. I haven’t seen them down here in Savannah yet - this is the time of year they start showing up though.

Been seeing a big pileated woodpecker in our backyard recently.

Birds are cool.

8694532c5163fd85dc5e1960e0079a82.jpg

e59f24f263afcfe92486e7339ac34fd2.jpg

A couple years ago I had just got done running and was walking the last quarter mile or so home and on that stretch of sidewalk I had a good view of Sunset Mtn. The part I was looking at was probably 1.5 miles away as the crow flies. I see a dot (obviously a bird but too far away to tell what) fly off the side of the mountain heading straight at me. I keep on watching it and it keeps coming
I'm across the street from a golf course and there are some turkeys there with their chicks in the fairway. Turns out the bird I saw was a bald eagle and he just wrecked one of these turkey chicks...it was cool. Not sure if he saw those things from his perch on the mountain or took off to see what he could see and saw those things...either way, it was awesome.

We saw a bald eagle at my wife uncle’s house in Charlotte a few weeks ago. I haven’t seen them down here in Savannah yet - this is the time of year they start showing up though.

Been seeing a big pileated woodpecker in our backyard recently.

Birds are cool.

e59f24f263afcfe92486e7339ac34fd2.jpg

That's definitely Woody.

seeing on Twitter that the AVL airport is having to divert flights due to thousands of birds landing on the runway this morning

The birds are taking drastic measures and trying to tell us we are killing ourselves and destroying our planet, but we are not listening!!!!!1111. LISTEN TO THE BIRDS YALL. LISTEN.

I saw what looked like 2000 smallish, dark colored birds flying around and chilling on power lines a little before sunset on my drive up 77 into Charlotte earlier this week. It was just before sunset. Was wondering if they were those same chimney swift birds that crashed into the NASCAR hall of fame last week.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hundreds-of-birds-killed-and-injured-after-crashing-into-nascar-hall-of-fame-building/

Swifts almost never land and especially never land on things like power lines. They are in the order Aopodiformes which is greek for "no feet birds." What you saw was most likely European Starlings. They form big flocks this time of year and perform these amazing aerial displays as a flock. Here is a video recorded in England, their native home:

Yo birdman, what is up with this crazy bird ? Does he want to fuck all the mailboxes or something ?

Yo birdman, what is up with this crazy bird ? Does he want to fuck all the mailboxes or something ?

That's a USPS truck not a UPS Truck. But yeah that Turkey wants to fuck the mail boxes.

birdman help what is this big lad hanging out in my neighborhood

EMLIGJIXYAE9A2S

I once saw a mama rabbit fight off a hawk to protect her baby rabbits aka bunnies. Or shit, was it an owl that the mama rabbit fought off. I'll have to ask my friend who has done much fewer drugs. Your dog can do it, Townie!

Shoebilled stork, total fuck badass dinosaur bird. They specialize in eating lung fish. It is on my bucket list to see one of these in the wild.

Back