• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

I got this photo of the Bluebirds at my bluebird box. The dad is trying to entice the baby to leave the nest by teasing it with food. All 4 babies fledged the next day.

a5b71e92ea9e1eab04a5122bbe6aa947.jpg

3027fc76d638c29e70e1dc9cbcb5b4fe.jpg

Trapped this bird this morning in Delaware bay, as part of a migration study we are working. It came all the way from Chile and is heading to Arctic Canada.

e7040a79892f6560a975ca74fea12075.jpg

Sharp Shinned Hawk straight murderin the neighborhood birds...knockin that suburban malaise right out of em...killed a robin yesterday and a flicker today...have a video but cant upload it

This guy is a pretty good follow on twitter. He is raising some American Dippers in captivity as part of a evolution research project. He is getting some great footage:

At the end of May I spent a week in Delaware helping out on a long term Shorebird monitoring project. On the order of millions of shorebirds stop over there for 14 or so days during their migration from South America to arctic Canada to feed on the ridiculous abundance of horseshoe crab eggs. It is an amazing spectacle and every bird watcher should go at least once in their life.

e8f0c7fe7cf7857f8bc5cd0319b92576.jpg

A pair of swans in Austria have been forcibly removed from a lake they called home after a series of violent escalating attacks to defend their nest from intrusive humans.

The twist in this case is the swans weren't biological parents but appear to have been two gay male swans who appeared to form an inseparable bond and the nest they were protecting didn't have actually contain eggs. No, what they were protecting in their nest, and treating as their child, was a solo cup.

Radar data indicate that birds we leaving coastal North Carolina as Hurricane Flow approached:

This might help you plan vacations to optimize birding opportunities. Coastal Alabama is not so bad, but southern Texas is the place to be.

034a7734f2ff81a92af07b6f5923529b.jpg

Back