• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bird Poop Thread 1: About Bird Poop !

Bird Thread 1: About Birds !

I would imagine pooping on a person would require pretty good eye site and a decent understanding of projectile physics, e.g., friction, wind displacement, target movement, etc. Either that, or, pigeons in the city eat a lot of crappy food (processed bread, french fries) and therefore poop a lot, getting occasionally lucky enough to hit a person. I.e., they are volume shooters but probably have low accuracy.

antoine-shimmy-7-o.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
We see them walking to and from the ocean. Maybe the wet suits are a factor. You have to wear wet suits in this cold water.

Hmm, this is very interesting indeed. What are the birds doing in the ocean? Why must they walk to and from on the hot sand instead of flying?

I googled "birds walking to and from the ocean" and so here is a bird walking to and from the ocean:

6957595bdbaa4b9577b17bc3fda9195b.jpg

Lots of gulls...your picture looks like a waitress at Crabby Kenny's. The crabs there sometimes come home with you.

Last edited:
Hmm, this is very interesting indeed. What are the birds doing in the ocean? Why must they walk to and from on the hot sand instead of flying?

I googled "birds walking to and from the ocean" and so here is a bird walking to and from the ocean:

6957595bdbaa4b9577b17bc3fda9195b.jpg

Great picture. Snowy Egret (Egretta thula). They use their yellow feet to startle and distract little fish then deftly stab them with this sharp beak.

Last edited:
Place in Mendoza, Argentina I'll be going to in just over a month. The owner took the pic and sent it along.

Place in Mendoza, Argentina I'll be going to in just over a month. The owner took the pic and sent it along.

Ahh, I don’t really know Argentinian hawks, or birds in general. Sweet photo though.

My google leads me to believe that it is a female cinereous harrier

cinereus-harrier-2.jpg

Last edited:
My google leads me to believe that it is a female cinereous harrier

cinereus-harrier-2.jpg

Beautiful bird, but the streaks on the chest are oriented differently and rusty rather then dark plus the eye color is wrong. Sorry.

Sounds like something a fake birdman that didn’t even try identification would say.

They are apparently easy to train and very sociable. Maybe this dude/gal will let me pet him/her when I'm down there! Or maybe he/she would rather gouge out my eyes.

I got to handle a wild Puerto Rican kestrel once. It’s about 30% the size of one of these guys...’twas vicious and strong. What I am trying to say is, consider gloves and goggles.

In my defense, Harris Hawks look very different in North America so the entry in my North American field guide was misleading.

0HWUpVe_d.jpg

Back