• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fwd: Urgent: IL call

BobStackFan4Life

Reaction score
Date: November 26, 2014 at 11:22:46 AM EST
To: John Podesta <john.podesta@gmail.com> > Subject: Urgent: IL call
Tim Mapes: 217 801-2656

NOTE; TIME IS TIGHT: the bill to change the primary needs to be introduced Tuesday to get through both chambers before the assembly adjourns.
Goal: for Daley to call Speaker Madigan's COS Tim Mapes. Ideally, Daley would also have his friend Mike McClain call Mapes with the same message. Overview: The overall goal is to move the IL primary out of mid March, where they are currently a lifeline to a moderate Republican candidate after the mostly southern Super Tuesday. IL was a key early win for Romney in 12. Our preference would be for them to move all the way to May, but if they at least move to April 12 or April 19 they will have the day to themselves and presumably garner a lot of coverage. They will also be influencing a big northeast primary day on April 26.
They will receive a bonus of 10% extra delegates if they move to April and 20% if they move to May. Mapes has said repeatedly they don't care about that. > As we discussed, they don't really care about being helpful and feel forgotten and neglected by POTUS. The key point is that this is not an Obama ask, but a Hillary ask. And the Clintons won't forget what their friends have done for them. It would be helpful to feel out what path, if any, we have to get them to yes. This will probably take some pushing. Thanks again for doing this!
https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/7252

hillary's team is on it! that's the kind of organization and leadership that gets thing done!

Guys, I'm beginning to think (in large part due to these leaked emails) that Hillary Clinton is in fact running for president.

I think it's interesting, as a number of the emails make clear, they wanted to do everything they could to manipulate the process so that a moderate Republican was not nominated. That was the reason for them wanting to move it. The stuff about them being rewarded with bonus delegates and the promise that the Clintons will remember their friends, whatever that means, is just some extra sleaze.

I think it's interesting, as a number of the emails make clear, they wanted to do everything they could to manipulate the process so that a moderate Republican was not nominated. That was the reason for them wanting to move it. The stuff about them being rewarded with bonus delegates and the promise that the Clintons will remember their friends, whatever that means, is just some extra sleaze.

if you don't love America and our politics, you're free to move

Last edited:

Seems like the republican primary voters did not want a moderate nominated either.

Silent majority, remember?

I remember my first Presidential election.

private and public position on carbon tax:
Policy, is there any chance we go near such a proposal or can we nip this in the bud tonight?
I don't recall any polling to guide us, but I'd be a bit nervous about rushing to say we'd never support such a tax. Bernie I assume DOES support such a tax and it could be fodder for him if we say unequivocally now that we don't support one. To be clear: it's lethal in the general, so I don't want to support one. But don't want to give bernie contrast right now. So if there's a way to re-state principles and say she'll announce something in the next few weeks, that would be great.
https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/8248

i'm beginning to suspect that BSF is actually a hillary supporter working to galvanize support by reverse psychology

Reading through some of the e-mails it shows me that Hillary is pretty adept politician. Probably raises my thought of her/her team more than anything else.

YOU MEAN SHE WAS POINTING OUT POSSIBLE FUTURE WEAKNESSES??? WOW!

Back