• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Orange County GOP Headquarters

Political violence founded this country. Political violence held this country together.

Political violence by the party with the sitting President and projected to handily win the upcoming election? I don't think that is how it generally works.

Unless this incident was aimed at the state level, in which case I would certainly understand why people wouldn't want these animals in the bathroom with their daughters.

not sure what else there is to discuss until the police identify a suspect.

Oh, unless what this is really about is laying a rhetorical trap for ideological opponents so they can be painted as terrorist sympathizers or something. If that's what we're doing here, y'all enjoy the next few pages of this thread and I'll check back in once some facts come out. Cheers -

1) The HQ shouldn't have been bombed, and those responsible should be brought to justice.
2) We have no idea who committed the bombing.
3) Some folks are hoping for a dark-skinned muslim to be responsible, some for a neck-bearded Trump supporter. Both folks lose sight of the fact that political violence is unacceptable, and there seems to be a rising tide of political violence this year.

Seems like a prank that just went a little too far.

260d8vn.jpg

Political violence by the party with the sitting President and projected to handily win the upcoming election? I don't think that is how it generally works.

Unless this incident was aimed at the state level, in which case I would certainly understand why people wouldn't want these animals in the bathroom with their daughters.

You are batshit crazy.

She already has. She answered in a measured and responsible way. Trump's, meanwhile message was dangerously devoid of caution in the absence of fact.

Hillary Clinton ‏@HillaryClinton
The attack on the Orange County HQ @NCGOP office is horrific and unacceptable. Very grateful that everyone is safe.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Animals representing Hillary Clinton and Dems in North Carolina just firebombed our office in Orange County because we are winning @NCGOP

#temperament

So the perpetrators of this act of violence and insurrection, and the perpetrators of the recent mob violence, riots and insurrection in Charlotte ... do you think they are voting for Trump or Clinton?
Charlotte clinton. Here don't have enough information. Could be a false flag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I blame North Carolina School of Arts Alum Danny McBride and his violence on television show Vice Principals for depicting the burning down of a house and being a poor role model. Also clearly violence in video games, can't forget that. Probably the Molotov cocktail bombs so prominent in games like grand theft auto.

This is completely unacceptable no matter who did it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Who bombed the office?

Living in the county my guess would be that it was done by the local Anarchists Group. They're pretty vocal and active in the Chapel Hill/Carrboro area.

As I read your post, it was meant to analogize this firebombing with the American Revolution and civil war. Care to clarify?

Not much I can say about this. You have to be a special kind of hatemonger to think that's what I meant.

Political violence is un-American. Should not happen, and I hope the perpetrators are caught quickly. Clinton did the right thing by strongly and quickly condemning the attacks. The rhetoric around this election is getting more and more dangerous. Both factions need to step back from the cliff and rein in their crazy.

It should be, but it's been a part of American political history for as long as we've had a country.

I hope the perpetrators are caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law, this isn't what we are striving to be.

Political violence founded this country. Political violence held this country together.

What is your problem with context, Junebug? Can you not see a discussion and read it?

Why aren't you claiming vad is analogizing the bombing to the Revolutionary War? Why are you targeting me for agreeing with him?

Back