• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hillary wants to implement universal drug screening for children & teens

I have no problem with this, opiate addiction is a yuge problem. Shouldn't it be pretty universal that people want there candidate to try to propose solutions to problems we face. Seems like if anything they are trying to take the position of drug addictions as a public health issue, which is exactly what we need to be doing. If your kid is a dope head wouldn't you want your doctor to let you know about it?

Absolutely. Let's just take the next logical step and drug test all citizens. Those who fail can be mandated to state sponsored detox centers. Make it mandatory as a condition of employment or schooling.

There is no limit to all of the good a powerful central government can do.

knowell where do you stand on drug testing welfare recipients?

I have no problem with this, opiate addiction is a yuge problem. Shouldn't it be pretty universal that people want there candidate to try to propose solutions to problems we face. Seems like if anything they are trying to take the position of drug addictions as a public health issue, which is exactly what we need to be doing. If your kid is a dope head wouldn't you want your doctor to let you know about it?

Why stop with teenagers? If this is a good thing why not have everyone screened when they go the doctor?

Absolutely. Let's just take the next logical step and drug test all citizens. Those who fail can be mandated to state sponsored detox centers. Make it mandatory as a condition of employment or schooling.

There is no limit to all of the good a powerful central government can do.

I don't believe they are talking drug testing. The way yall are trying to spin this is pretty much the whole reason hilldawg was like nah brah lets table this bitch till later aint nobody got time for this shit.

The only way to provide interventions to a teenager at high risk for substance abuse is for big government to take their BLOOD! It's the next logical step!

Drug screening is not a good idea, but I have a lesser of an issue with kids or those taking government money (either welfare or disability).

Why stop with teenagers? If this is a good thing why not have everyone screened when they go the doctor?

You know a big reason they don't? Because there is no funding for adult mental health treatments in this country. So even if they screened someone they couldn't do much with someone in a high risk category besides refer them to a counselor that treatment center with a super high copay, and then the patient wouldn't do it. If we could properly screen and provide evidence based treatment for everyone at high risk of substance abuse, we would be waaaaay better off in a lot of ways.

You know a big reason they don't? Because there is no funding for adult mental health treatments in this country. So even if they screened someone they couldn't do much with someone in a high risk category besides refer them to a counselor that treatment center with a super high copay, and then the patient wouldn't do it. If we could properly screen and provide evidence based treatment for everyone at high risk of substance abuse, we would be waaaaay better off in a lot of ways.

I want no part of your authoritarian nanny state.

to confront the drug addiction crisis head-on. My plan sets four goals: first, ensuring every American family has access to affordable and effectivetreatments; second, ensuring that we work with pediatricians to be sure that every child and teenager is educated about and screened for substance use disorders as part of their annual doctor’s visit, just as we do for hearing, eyesight, developmental delays and so much more; third, ensuring all first responders have access to naloxone, which stops overdoses from becoming fatal; and fourth, requiring that all health-care providers receive training in recognizing substance use disorders and consult a prescription drug monitoring program before providing opiates.

because all that screening for eyesight and developmental delays has led us straight down the slippery slope to Donald Trump being the GOP nominee for President, I'm against it all. ALL OF IT I TELL YOU

It is going to be just fantastic to see the consternation from rural Pubs whose communities are being destroyed by opiate use.

Back