• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hillary Clinton and First Lady Michelle Obama Speaking in the Joel

I've promised my wife to wait to vote with her on election day, but if single I would go vote right now due to that speech.

#dv7sballstaken #happywifehappylife #otherstupidtagsincoming #dontcare

I think I know why Hillary introduced Michelle instead of the other way around.

I've promised my wife to wait to vote with her on election day, but if single I would go vote right now due to that speech.

#dv7sballstaken #happywifehappylife #otherstupidtagsincoming #dontcare

This is a bad time to mention I saw your wife while I was voting at the Government Center?

When people hate on Michelle Obama, it tells me all I need to know about them.

This is a bad time to mention I saw your wife while I was voting at the Government Center?

We should pass a law that says you have to vote with your i.d., so people don't vote early and on election day.

but then how would Hillary get elected? ;)

By the majority of voters in states that add up to more than 270 electoral votes who can't fucking stand Donald Trump*?

* as a reminder, jh's party nominated Donald Trump to be President of the United States.

By the majority of voters in states that add up to more than 270 electoral votes who can't fucking stand Donald Trump*?

* as a reminder, jh's party nominated Donald Trump to be President of the United States.

It's a shame we couldn't have Superdelegates and a Party Chair rigging the election to prevent that terrible result. #nexttime

I admire that faith required to believe we can raise and spend a trillion dollars and no one will break the rules.

if more people voted (legally) this would be even less of a problem than the 0% impact problem it is currently

It's a shame we couldn't have Superdelegates and a Party Chair rigging the election to prevent that terrible result. #nexttime

lol nah instead it was the acumen of the brain trust at large

#partyofideas

I voted today and it was an electronic machine for the first time.

Unsure of how anybody thinks somebody could vote twice. They register you when you vote, you are "registered" again when the poll attendant uses your sheet to log you in, and then there is a paper trail behind it showing who you voted for, with your name on it that goes back through the machine.

You also have to go through like 5 different screens of approval to check it before you cast your vote. There's no way that anybody could be "tricked" or "rigged" into casting the wrong vote because you have so many chances to correct it.

The crime for voting twice (up to 5 years in prison), along with the microscopic impact that your two votes actually have based on the millions cast is a pretty big deterrent to begin with.

It's simply not feasible beyond trotting out wild conspiracy theories to think that people are voting twice and getting away with it with any regularity (if at all, as backed up by YEARS of data on the issue).

If you want to argue computer malfunctions, hackers, or whatever else then you do you, but the "voting twice/more than once" is just such a small percentage that I can't take anybody seriously who thinks it's happening beyond once in a blue moon in America.

Last edited:
I mean of all the stuff that Trump is trotting out, the "THE ELECTION IS RIGGED AND THERE IS RAMPANT VOTER FRAUD" is by far the most dangerous to the way we govern in America.

And that's saying a lot because Trump has spouted off some ridiculously dangerous rhetoric this election cycle.

When you've got people like JHMD buying into this bullshit it makes it even scarier.

For about $100 (or less) /precinct, they could end voter impersonation. Have a space next to where you sign in for a thumb print and have several $10-20 computer cameras to record the voters. These cameras will last for years. If someone tries to impersonate another, you have a thumb print and a picture. Make the punishment 5 years in federal prison with no parole.

End of pseudo problem.

If by the above you mean "its a shame that the my party conducted primaries and 14M of my fellow 'pubs voted for Donald Trump," then I am with you. Otherwise, I think the verse about the splinter in my eye and the log in yours applies.

Embrace your people. Those 14M are the folks with whom you share common ideas on how to govern.

Oh and let's be clear, those folks aren't going anywhere:

CvzQdkyWcAEjpBN.jpg

Back