• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hillary Clinton and First Lady Michelle Obama Speaking in the Joel

Why did your party choose to curtail it, pray tell? Surely someone as knowledgeable and well-read as yourself would have an opinion on the motive. Maybe evidence of some of the research topics the general assembly reviewed prior to passing the law would shed some light on the motives?

To be fair, it was GOVERNMENT that chose to curtail it. GOVERNMENT is bad.

You still didn't answer his question.

Again, I would prefer we answer my question first (the "how" to vote) before we change the topic of "when" to vote.

So...last time before I give up...do you believe the voter i.d. requirement is racist?

Again, I would prefer we answer my question first (the "how" to vote) before we change the topic of "when" to vote.

So...last time before I give up...do you believe the voter i.d. requirement is racist?

No I do not believe the concept of voter ID is racist. Your turn.

No I do not believe the concept of voter ID is racist. Your turn.

I don't either, but we hear that an awful lot, no?

Why did the Pubs restrict early voting? The studies showed that Dems vote early. Pubs want Pubs elected. Dems want Dems elected. That's why the party in power does things in their own interest (see 100+ years of gerrymandering by the Dems before the Pubs took over, who did the same.) Parties do things in their interest. Whoever firebombed the GOP HQ in Orange County was probably acting from a similar motive. That's what people do, whether or not they should. Now let's turn to the next question, which is legal in nature: must government offer early voting? Some states don't offer it at all. What's the legal authority that early voting is an entitlement (this question is asked in the positive, rather than normative)?

I'd rather win the election on the merits, and I think the Pub message is a longer one to develop (people trend conservative as their personal share of the bill of government rises). I don't support restricting early voting; I'm in favor of a better marketing of the Pub message, and believe it or not, think that the cycle against Pub ideology will rotate back as the Dems will have a tough time appeasing all aspects of their base. For example, Dems owned the rural south for a hundred years until they pivoted, and poor Southern whites figured out that they were "deplorable" in the eyes of their former champions. I trust subsets of the current Dem base will come to the same conclusion, but I also think it will take time.

Last edited:
Back