• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

I'm not sure he'll put up the numbers to justify it this season. They would have to be top 2 in the West.

yeah i would be shocked if he does, but this feels like his last and best shot.

The Grizz have to be the least talented good team I can remember.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

yeah i would be shocked if he does, but this feels like his last and best shot.

His best shot was probably the year he was the league's most valuable player, and people caught feels about Kobe not having a trophy for his case.

y'all sleepin on the numbers my boy Austin Rivers is putting up this season. 63% from the field!

Oladipo just got a 4 year, $84 million extension. Sounds like the Thunder are also close to giving Adams 5 years and $100MM.

Oladipo just got a 4 year, $84 million extension. Sounds like the Thunder are also close to giving Adams 5 years and $100MM.

Plus Kanter for two more years at about $18M per.

With Russ at $29M for the next two years. they will be at about $90M for these four guys. Even at $110M cap, there won't be much left.

4 I listed are stone cold locks to be better than the Thunder imo. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Grizz are better as well.

The griz [Redacted]'d themselves and we saw what happened last year. Now that they are free of that albatross anything could happen.

Ive been impressed w what Atlanta is doing w dwight howard. Surprised too. Dwight draws double teams in the post that horford didnt and improves their spacing. Second unit has been very productive as well. I still think Toronto's historically bad bench is going to catch up to them

"historically bad" is a bit of a stretch. once Sullinger gets healthy, they still have Terrence Ross and Patrick Patterson as bench anchors, plus Cory Joseph. I'm also a big fan of Poetl... not great by any stretch, but it's not even close to league worst in terms of second units

Sullinger is the key to that Toronto bench. He, Patterson, Ross and Joseph are all decent to good bench guys.

Yeah, but that is assuming that the rookie stiff is the starting PF.

They have a good top 8 and a great top 3. One superstar at his peek in Derozan, one very very good center and one very very good point guard starting to get a little long in the tooth. After that, they are extraordinarily pedestrian from 4-8 even with Sullinger, and when they lose Lowery or V-card for a stretch which will almost def. happen, they are going to be in trouble. Especially V-card. They do have that Utah point guard on the shelf too who might be very good, so if he can come back in December or January and don;t lose Lowery before then, they could be okay at the point. But they have almost nobody to back up the post that has proven anything in the NBA. Unless you include Sullinger as a post player. He cannot defend the post though. And Patterson is a journeyman 4.

What in the world else would you call Sullinger besides a post player?

Duncan should sign a 10-day contract at the end of this season, so he can do the Hall of Fame deal without Kobe/Garnett/Allen.

Tim deserves his own ceremony.

definitely sounds like something tim duncan would be interested in

definitely sounds like something tim duncan would be interested in

tumblr_mmls3yeDHw1qk2ix2o1_400.gif

He (Sullinger) is a post player that cannot defend the post and can go out and hit jumpers. His offensive post game is okay. It's wiley. He doesn't get much lift off the floor. I consider him a poor man's Boris Diaw, but like Diaw he is unable to guard the rim. That's going to be a problem when V-card is out for a week or so.

Diaw at 34 is much better than Sullinger ever was or ever will be. Diaw can play multiple positions on D. Sullinger is a bad defender. Diaw is a much better ball handler and passer. Sullinger is a terrible three point shooter.

Sullinger is like a broke, BK'd, homeless Fat Boris.

Back