• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Indomitable: Move it to the exits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chat Thread Indomitable: It's official: Wolves > Sharks

Halloween at the office is a great way to tell which departments are basically just dead weight.

HR I'm looking at you.

Seems like an inconsistent classification system. Like tsetse flies aren't killing anyone, it's trypanosoma brucei rhodesiense/gambiense that's killing people, while ascaris roundworms get their own category but require a human host for transmission so should be added to the human pool. Do better Bill.

WTF snakes killed 60k!? That can't be right can it?

Seems like an inconsistent classification system. Like tsetse flies aren't killing anyone, it's trypanosoma brucei rhodesiense/gambiense that's killing people, while ascaris roundworms get their own category but require a human host for transmission so should be added to the human pool. Do better Bill.

they're using the vector responsible; if we're trying to figure out how to combat said disease, we're going after the vector :noidea:

like, snake venom is killing people, not snakes?

I'm surprised no ones made the"don't be a pussy, go out and grab one" shirt

WTF snakes killed 60k!? That can't be right can it?

Seems like it may be underreported, given that the vast majority of the bite deaths are in rural India and sub-Sahara. PLoS Medicine paper from 2008 says closer to 20k a year, but the margin of error of these studies is off the charts.

I'm surprised no ones made the"don't be a pussy, go out and grab one" shirt

i was thinking of making some "Trust the Process" shirts and selling them online because they'd definitely make $$$ but i am too lazy

It is high-time the "patient scourge" of freshwater snails gets recognized for its malfeasance. I'm gratified that their slime trail of evil gets the harsh beacon of attention shone upon it.

i guess i should stop being so afraid of spiders

So, I totally think I mistook someone I talked to at the game today for someone else. I just had them mixed up in my mind (i think they are friends, maybe?) And I think he totally knew that I was thinking if someone else, but he was nice and didn't correct me, but I feel dumb.

Yes you did. Yes I did. I didn't want to correct you with your friend standing there since you seemed quite certain that I have 4 children, and I didn't think you were dumb at all. I've done worse at ball games with people I haven't seen in a while.

My trouser snake killed your mom.

Did I do that right?

oh god

guyfieristepdad update alert

they went dressed as a plug and socket at a halloween party

i dropped my beer when my sister showed me a pic my mom proudly sent her

People. Please get your kids vaccinated against hippo bites. Totally preventable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back