• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FBI PROBING NEW CLINTON EMAILS

His relative silence on these issues is pretty weak. If the West Wing writers can come up with something to say with Matt Santos, so can Barack.

You elect a president to do something to heal these wounds. He's done very little.

What issues?

Its not as if he can get any legislation through this congress, he mine as well spend his time figuring out how to solve social issues. Best I can tell he's just being a swell guy everyone likes.

You tell wrong. "Everyone" does not like Obama.

What specifically could Obama do to "solve" these "social issues?"

You tell wrong. "Everyone" does not like Obama.

What specifically could Obama do to "solve" these "social issues?"

Having a position on it would help. Saying something or making an inspiring speech would help. what's his take? This issue has dominated the headlines for the past year, he's the first elected black president in our country's history and he hasn't even said anything about it. That's not leadership.

I dunno, the protests dominating the headlines for the past year?

He's made several big statements about it. The problem is the right hates Obama more than they love America. The only thing he can do to make them happy is to leave. There's nothing else they would help with and it's been that way from before he took the Oath of Office.

He's made several big statements about it. The problem is the right hates Obama more than they love America. The only thing he can do to make them happy is to leave. There's nothing else they would help with and it's been that way from before he took the Oath of Office.

what has he said? I have no idea? I'm not trying to be argumentative, I literally haven't heard anything about his positions. We elected him to try and solve things like this. I can't be alone in thinking that when he was elected it should move to ease the racial tensions in this country, not make things worse.

We elected him to try and solve things like this. I can't be alone in thinking that when he was elected it should move to ease the racial tensions in this country, not make things worse.

White guy believes black President will magically solve issue of racist white guys hating a black President because he's black. Good job, good effort.

I've spent more than enough time visiting relatives in rural NC that are just full on hating obama because he's black, I'm aware there's that element out there. But as a guy who really liked Obama and still likes him, I don't think I'm wrong in thinking I'm left thinking of his presidency as being relatively benign and not terribly effective. Maybe he just didn't want to push the needle as being the first black president and wanted to just fade into the background and not cause too many waves. But he 100% failed to live up to his hope/change narrative and he really never made any waves whatsoever over 8 years other than pushing through a healthcare thing which doesn't seem to be working.

Magically? Like with his mind?

Make a speech saying that the racial makeup of the police force should mirror the racial makup of the community it polices. No one will disagree with that other than the crazy racists and problem solved.

I came up with that drunk on a saturday night on a message board in 5 minutes. He's had a little more time to come up with something better and has a little more help in thinktanking to solve the problem. We elected him to solve this, he hasn't. It's certainly solvable. We shouldn't be still dealing with protesting sixers national anthem singers at this point.

Last edited:
and yet you can't substantively argue anything I'm saying. The degree to which my intellect is superior also shows.

Back