• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FBI PROBING NEW CLINTON EMAILS

the headline of this article is "obama walks a fine line on policing" which mine as well say "obama says nothing of any substance"

Just as he does with gun violence in general, Obama gives the same speech anytime a racially tinged police incident happens. In it he puts forth policy proposals that would make a real difference. He also points out that his words aren't going to fix the problem because half the country is unwilling to listen to him and over half the congress is unwilling to work with him.

"What's striking is just how consistent Obama's message has been. In each instance, he acknowledges the difficult and dangerous work that police do. He calls attention to systemic racial disparities in law enforcement and the resulting distrust in some communities."

http://http://www.npr.org/2016/07/13/485855670/obama-talks-about-race-and-police-again

I read the whole article, I must have missed that part. Mind quoting it?

There you go.

given that you suggested he "consistently proposed" something. Seems fair to say you can quote what he proposed.

that's cool, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about in most things I post on here, but I'm at least self-aware

ummm, yeah I was looking for a quote of something Obama said.

Google it. I found an article by a reputable news agency that says he consistently points out the racial disparities in police departments. I believe them. If you don't, or just want something more specific I assume you have the basic internet research skills to find it.

Google it. I found an article by a reputable news agency that says he consistently points out the racial disparities in police departments. I believe them. If you don't, or just want something more specific I assume you have the basic internet research skills to find it.

does your computer have some sort of bug where you can't like copy paste something and post a link? Yeah, that sucks. Did he propose a solution in said link? I mean, he is the President of the United States and all. Every hen in every office bitches about something, we elect or I expect our President to suggest solutions.

So basically your thoughts are as unsubstantial as Obama's presidency, got it.

does your computer have some sort of bug where you can't like copy paste something and post a link? Yeah, that sucks. Did he propose a solution in said link? I mean, he is the President of the United States and all. Every hen in every office bitches about something, we elect or I expect our President to suggest solutions.

You read the article. There was no direct Obama quote on the specific policy proposal you suggested in your post. The article instead summarizes Obama's standard speech on racially tinged police shootings.

I quoted the relevant part of that summary which reports that Obama regularly speaks about the policy proposal that you think he should speak about. It's the only article I have read on the matter. I suppose NPR may have mischaracterized Obama's speeches but I doubt it. If you are unconvinced I'm sure you can dig around a bit and find something. Please report back if you do.

If you can't find anything I'd be happy to offer my services as a research assistant of sorts. I can give you an hourly rate or simply charge by the quote.

So basically your thoughts are as unsubstantial as Obama's presidency, got it.

I had a hunch that was confirmed by a quick google search indicating that at least some of your thoughts on the matter were inaccurate. I haven't thought much about it tbh. Just doing some late night fact checking.

Back