• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FBI PROBING NEW CLINTON EMAILS

CARL BERNSTEIN: Well, there's no question that the e-mails have always been the greatest threat to her candidacy for president, that her conduct in regard to the e-mails is really indefensible and if there was going to be more information that came out, it was the one thing, as I said on the air last night, actually that could really perhaps affect this election.

We don't know what this means yet except that it's a real bombshell. And it is unthinkable that the Director of the FBI would take this action lightly, that he would put this letter forth to the Congress of the United States saying there is more information out there about classified e-mails and call it to the attention of congress unless it was something requiring serious investigation. So that's where we are...

Is it a certainty that we won't learn before the election? I'm not sure it's a certainty we won't learn before the election.

One thing is, it's possible that Hillary Clinton might want to on her own initiative talk to the FBI and find out what she can, and if she chooses to let the American people know what she thinks or knows is going on. People need to hear from her...

I think if she has information available to her from the FBI or any other source as to her knowledge of what these e-mails might be, hopefully she will let us know what they are and what is under discussion here.

Right now we're all talking in a vacuum but I want to adhere that in the last, oh, 36, 48 hours, there has been an undercurrent of kind of speculative discussion among some national security people that something might surface in the next few days about e-mails, and I think the expectation in this chatter -- and I took it as just chatter but informed chatter, to some extent -- was that it would relate to another round of WikiLeaks e-mails, which our Justice Department people seem to be saying is not the case, but there has been some noise in the national security community the last day or two of this kind of possibility of some kind of revelation.

But this is her achilles heel and we have to remember that it also comes on the -- back to the word heel -- of the revelations about the Clinton Foundation. So the confluence of all of this is bad for her as it stands now but with some knowledge she might be able to stop, turn things around, and give us some idea of what's going on in a way we might not otherwise know, and also it's very possible that some members of congress very quickly are going to get an idea of what these e-mails are, and what this is all about, and for whatever purpose put some information out there.

What I've read these aren't even emails that came from Clinton's server and the Clinton campaign is demanding a more detailed explanation from Comey. Doesn't sound like they are that that worried that they contain some sort of Smoking Gun. Sounds like Much Ado About Nothing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

nothingburger.

hope you guys got a nut already.

and in BKF's case hope he got at least a little chub out of it

What I've read these aren't even emails that came from Clinton's server and the Clinton campaign is demanding a more detailed explanation from Comey. Doesn't sound like they are that that worried that they contain some sort of Smoking Gun. Sounds like Much Ado About Nothing.
Kind of like Wellman during the Bz era.

nothingburger.

hope you guys got a nut already.

and in BKF's case hope he got at least a little chub out of it

Just wondering, what would it take to happen for something to more than a "nothing burger/ meh/ don't care". Seems like the FBI launching an investigation into a presidential candidate 11 days before an election would be a big deal in a normal election cycle.

They're not launching an in investigation.

Who is lil nate

I assumed that most posters could figure that one out. He is the guy who is constantly giving his expert detailed analysis on everything that happens in politics today. I thought he would have started his own blog with paid subscribers by now. Still don't know?

Kind of like Wellman during the Bz era.

Perfect analogy. ChrisL's online rep taking the same nose dive Wellman's did as he has shown that there is nothing about Hillary he will not defend. I blame Hillary more than Chris. That woman corrupts anyone who gets too close and ChrisL got way too close.

Someone should have scheduled an intervention. Friends don't let friends go all in on Hillary.

I assumed that most posters could figure that one out. He is the guy who is constantly giving his expert detailed analysis on everything that happens in politics today. I thought he would have started his own blog with paid subscribers by now. Still don't know?

I doubt any polls have been conducted since this "news" broke.

Just wondering, what would it take to happen for something to more than a "nothing burger/ meh/ don't care". Seems like the FBI launching an investigation into a presidential candidate 11 days before an election would be a big deal in a normal election cycle.

A video of her standing over Vince Foster with a smoking gun? A video with Hillary issuing a hit on a political opponent? I don't think anything less would do it for the die hards.

Fuckedtherube?

Back