• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Likely indictment

There really aren't many other foundations like Clinton's. Gates uses his own money and some from Buffet.

The thing that frustrates me is there was the memorandum of understanding in 2008 between Obama and Clinton that gave her all the leeway she could have ever needed to continue to receive donations from these places entirely above board, and she willingly chose not to use those channels. Nobody would care if Algeria or Qatar or any of the places giving Hillary money did so and it went to AIDS or Haiti (which is what has happened) if she had just followed the rules they had in place. It's this, combined with not apologizing or ever admitting she mishandled emails, that frustrates me the most about her. Seems like she gets off on feeling beyond reproach. Not a good look for a major public official.

Let's look at apples to apples. The Clintons took money in a not so perfect way to pay for AIDS drugs and to Haitian earthquake victims. The Trump Foundation took money from others to pay for paintings of Donald Trump, pay Mar-A-Lago's fines and even to pay a crummy $7 Boy Scout fee for his son.

Only the blind and hateful could even compare these actions.

The thing that frustrates me is there was the memorandum of understanding in 2008 between Obama and Clinton that gave her all the leeway she could have ever needed to continue to receive donations from these places entirely above board, and she willingly chose not to use those channels. Nobody would care if Algeria or Qatar or any of the places giving Hillary money did so and it went to AIDS or Haiti (which is what has happened) if she had just followed the rules they had in place. It's this, combined with not apologizing or ever admitting she mishandled emails, that frustrates me the most about her. Seems like she gets off on feeling beyond reproach. Not a good look for a major public official.

I feel like a Clinton presidency will include a handful of parallel situations that will be caused by her ego and overall demeanor/style and will reflect badly on her and the US. However I'm more than willing to trade that for a couple of liberal SC judges and keeping Trump as far away from power as possible.

Do foreign governments donate to other NFPs the way they do the Clinton Foundation? Is there a strictly apolitical analogue that does similar work and takes in similar donations? Genuinely curious.

The Carter Foundation is based on the same model as the Clinton Foundation except without the corruption. If an individual was looking for a way to do some good in the world with no expectation of something in return and they wanted to make sure their money was not being spent on lavish overhead, The Carter Foundation would be a far better choice than The Clinton Foundation.

The Carter Foundation is based on the same model as the Clinton Foundation except without the corruption. If an individual was looking for a way to do some good in the world with no expectation of something in return and they wanted to make sure their money was not being spent on lavish overhead, The Carter Foundation would be a far better choice than The Clinton Foundation.

Lavish overhead?

And yet they keep hitting up folks with government business for massive donations. I wonder why. But they aren't getting paid by the CF, so it must be on the up and up. Nevermind. Nothing to see here.

So once again, you have nothing to add but #feelings. Good job, good effort.

And yet they keep hitting up folks with government business for massive donations. I wonder why. But they aren't getting paid by the CF, so it must be on the up and up. Nevermind. Nothing to see here.

i think you're getting confused with the trump foundation

the big difference is ppl aren't really buying political influence with trump

Every dollar that has come into the Clinton Foundation has been publicly accounted for.

Charity Navigator is the gold standard of rating charities. Here's a link to their rating of the Clinton Foundation - https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=16680

Score
(out of 100) Rating
Overall Score & Rating 94.74
Financial 97.50
Accountability & Transparency 93.00

Here's some more:

Financial Performance Metrics
Program Expenses
(Percent of the charity’s total expenses spent on the programs
and services it delivers) 86.9%

Administrative Expenses 8.7%
Fundraising Expenses 4.2%
Fundraising Efficiency $0.03
Working Capital Ratio (years) 1.17
Program Expenses Growth 17.3%
Liabilities to Assets 15.3%

I understand that NO amount of facts will EVER get in the way of your hatred of everything Clinton, but these numbers and facts show your position it totally FULL OF SHIT.

I'm also guessing the non-profits you have worked for also spend more than 4.2% on fundraising expenses. Hell, most would be ecstatic with 14.2% or even 24.2%.

It's not really an apples to apples comparison because most foundations have to spend a lot of money trying to solicit donations and the Clinton Foundation doesn't, likely because people think they're buying influence, but yes, this is accurate too.

Back