• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Likely indictment

Yes. Read up.

7% of the Clinton foundation's annual budget -- or $5M -- goes to charitable grants. The rest to salaries and benefits ($34M), fundraising, and "other," including travel ($8M).

#facts

they aren't like many other foundations in that they don't do a lot of grantmaking, rather do a lot of the work themselves.

It's not really an apples to apples comparison because most foundations have to spend a lot of money trying to solicit donations and the Clinton Foundation doesn't, likely because people think they're buying influence, but yes, this is accurate too.

You are right about it being easier for the Clintons. But they do have some high overhead to get these big donations.

Yes. Read up.

7% of the Clinton foundation's annual budget -- or $5M -- goes to charitable grants. The rest to salaries and benefits ($34M), fundraising, and "other," including travel ($8M).

#facts

you know what "salaries and benefits" includes? paying farmers in africa, haiti, and around the world to teach sustainable growing practices. paying doctors in clinics in underserved areas. paying government administrators to clean up corruption.

these things are actually very easy to investigate

it's not like there are ten clintons each paying themselves 8 MM in salary

Yes. Read up.

#facts

What part of this don't you understand:

"Program Expenses
(Percent of the charity’s total expenses spent on the programs
and services it delivers) 86.9%"

Yes. Read up.

#facts

I fucking hate democracy if it lets idiots like you vote. This is like the tenth time Ive seen this trotted out. Are you incapable of doing a 30 second google search to tell the difference between the different charity models? What the fuck is the point of charities if all of them just send charitable grants to one another? Eventually someone has to actually perform the fucking charitable work you dumb shit.

you know what "salaries and benefits" includes? paying farmers in africa, haiti, and around the world to teach sustainable growing practices. paying doctors in clinics in underserved areas. paying government administrators to clean up corruption.

these things are actually very easy to investigate

it's not like there are ten clintons each paying themselves 8 MM in salary

Hillary, Hilary, Hilaree, Hillaree, William, Will.I.Am, Bill, Billy

I fucking hate democracy if it lets idiots like you vote. This is like the tenth time Ive seen this trotted out. Are you incapable of doing a 30 second google search to tell the difference between the different charity models? What the fuck is the point of charities if all of them just send charitable grants to one another? Eventually someone has to actually perform the fucking charitable work you dumb shit.

I enjoy a respectful exchange of ideas with people who disagree with me here on The Tunnels.

Clintons take no money from their Foundation.

Correct, but the emails show that people were simultaneously encouraged to donate to the Clinton Foundation and to hire Bill or Hillary for paid speeches. That's what business schools call "synergy," I believe.

If you don't think flying Bill around the globe and putting him up in $10,000/night accommodations to the tune of $8M per year isn't lavish, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm not saying the money isn't being directed towards charitable causes. I'm saying it's being spent lavishly.

Dude, give it up. You're just an idiot who shouldn't be allowed to vote. The Clintons weren't paid by the CF, ergo their hands are clean.

Dude, give it up. You're just an idiot who shouldn't be allowed to vote. The Clintons weren't paid by the CF, ergo their hands are clean.

You left out racist. You always have to include racist.

classic. pubs bring race into the equation only to complain everything is about race

Correct, but the emails show that people were simultaneously encouraged to donate to the Clinton Foundation and to hire Bill or Hillary for paid speeches. That's what business schools call "synergy," I believe.

It would be more accurate to call it Racketeering; follow the money.

classic. pubs bring race into the equation only to complain everything is about race

I was just impressed we made it through the 1:00 excoriation of a board pub without using the accusation of racist. You guys are really maturing. I felt like it was a milestone. :noidea:

I fucking hate democracy if my candidate doesn't win. This is like the tenth time Ive seen this trotted out. Are you incapable of doing a 30 second google search to tell the difference between the different charity models? What the fuck is the point of charities if all of them just send charitable grants to one another? Eventually someone has to actually perform the fucking charitable work you dumb shit.

FIFY

If you don't think flying Bill around the globe and putting him up in $10,000/night accommodations to the tune of $8M per year isn't lavish, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm not saying the money isn't being directed towards charitable causes. I'm saying it's being spent lavishly.

Also, go fuck yourself.

Yup - all $8 million of that was spent on Bill's travel. #feelings

Back