• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump: Dems favorability down to 31%! All time low! Sad!

The Official President Trump thread: Trump gonna pay my mortgage

"Base" has a connotation (at least) of "majority of supporters." So when you say that that Trump's base is kkk, white nationalists, and hate mongers committing public acts (as stated in ChrisL's post), you're saying that those types of people constitute the majority of his supporters. That's just plainly wrong.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base_(politics)

"In politics, the term base refers to a group of voters who almost always support a single party's candidates for elected office. Base voters are very unlikely to vote for the candidate of an opposing party, regardless of the specific views each candidate holds."

That syncs up well with my definition. I'm not familiar with your connotation.

People always talk about black voters as part of the Dem base and black voters are not a majority of Dem voters.

Is there any single group who overwhelmingly goes for one party and makes up a majority of that party? It seems like you're trying to make my post apply to you so you can get offended when it clearly was not my intention. Now you can just be a victim and claim that everybody who disagrees with you thinks you're "a racist" or try to discuss these issues in a reasonable fashion.

Last edited:
Has there been any riots? I have seen some protests and a couple of flags burned.

Not a riot, but certainly a sentiment shared at a lot of these protests, no doubt:

diewhitesdie.jpg

I really just wish we could get a competent plan for education reform. I'm not mad that the uneducated voted for Trump. I'm mad that our system has allowed for there to be so many poorly educated people. Bernie had the right idea putting it at the forefront of his campaign, even though I don't agree with his approach to accomplishing it.

Free College isn't the issue. Poor elementary schools are the problem. High school graduates who are unable to read are the problem. Bernie had the right direction but the wrong focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes skycock let's allow California and NY always elect our president

Idiot

I agree there needs to be a balance, but the balance seems way tilted in the favor of land mass over people.

President: R representation far greater than popular vote
Senate: R representation far greater than popular vote
House; R representation far greater than popular vote

The house at least used to be the counterbalance, but now that appears to be gone.

That should be concerning

Yes skycock let's allow California and NY always elect our president

Idiot

if the majority (plurality) of people vote for a person, why would it matter where the voters live? Trump only narrowly lost the poplar vote. It happens very rarely.

Last edited:
Also then everyone could enjoy the world of political ads and constant phone calls from campaigns and pollsters like they were a swing state. Let me tell you it is not awesome.

Mailers. Jesus

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

the positive version is it would force candidates would to actually visit places other than EC strongholds

"Base" has a connotation (at least) of "majority of supporters." So when you say that that Trump's base is kkk, white nationalists, and hate mongers committing public acts (as stated in ChrisL's post), you're saying that those types of people constitute the majority of his supporters. That's just plainly wrong.

Those groups were enough to get him over the top in several states. Trump was the biggest hate monger to run for POTUS since George Wallace. To say he wasn't is rationalize beyond comprehension.

I was saying he'd have 90% support in changing lobbying rules he proposed in his 100 day plan

He has no CHANCE will change lobbying rules in a fashion that will themselves millions of dollars when they retire from Congress or lose an election. He's got a better chance that Mexico will pay for his wall and that textile jobs will leave Bangladesh and Viet Nam for NC and SC.

I would be curious to see a compendium of all the ways in which you contend Trump's campaign was based on prejudice toward black people.

I didn't say Trump's groups were exclusively or even primarily about hating blacks. But keep trying to put words into my mouth that I never said. You've never succeeded yet.

Your next BS assertion will be, "Well, you said George Wallace."

Of course that would be myopic because "hate mongering" can be expanded past just blacks and Trump did foment hate against Mexicans, Muslims and others. Trump did that.

There is no reason to trust this man. Let him do something to show that he believes everyone has value. He's never done this in his entire life.

He won on hate and fear. It's on him to show that will end.

I can't believe a patient-elect is crying like a little biotch and blaming others for people paying attention to his own words and actions.

There is no reason to trust this man. Let him do something to show that he believes everyone has value. He's never done this in his entire life.

He won on hate and fear. It's on him to show that will end.

I can't believe a patient-elect is crying like a little biotch and blaming others for people paying attention to his own words and actions.

I would argue Clinton and libs lost on hate and fear. Trying to invoke racism, xenophobia and sexism etc at every turn. Quit being a sore loser. lets get together and work on real problems like how tall we want to make this wall. #lessgo

I really wish people cared about racism as much as they care about the word racism.

Back