• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump: Dems favorability down to 31%! All time low! Sad!

I'm just asking a question. If your response is "his campaign was not predicated on prejudice toward black people" it's okay to say that.

I'm not arguing that his campaign didn't foment hate against Mexicans and Muslims. I'm just trying to understand whether you think he did the same thing with respect to black people. It sounds like no.

I NEVER said his campaign was predicated on hatred of blacks. To inject that is disingenuous. His fomenting against blacks was down his list of whom to hate. His constant rhetoric about blacks living in "hell" and more was paternalistic and insulting.

The cornerstone of Trump's campaign were hatred and fear. The fact that blacks may have only gotten the bronze medal doesn't change that.

I'm just asking a question. If your response is "his campaign was not predicated on prejudice toward black people" it's okay to say that.

I'm not arguing that his campaign didn't foment hate against Mexicans and Muslims. I'm just trying to understand whether you think he did the same thing with respect to black people. It sounds like no.

I don't think his campaign fomented hate. I think his campaign identified fear based in prejudice and leveraged it. That process brought some things out of the shadows.

Do you contend he did this vis a vis black people? If so, in what ways?

Describing our inner cities as post apocalyptic hellscapes where all "the blacks" live plays into white anxieties. It played well with my parents who seem to legitimately fear a race war.

Yeah, that was nothing. I disavow David Duke and the KKK, ok? after pretending he had a bad earpiece and didn't know who he was. Don't you think your president should come out strongly on this?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Yea, Trump needs to double-dog disavow the David Duke and the KKK. That would show them.

Yea, Trump needs to double-dog disavow the David Duke and the KKK. That would show them.

Triple stamp it. Then the left would have been satisfied he was not a racist.

In what ways did he foment hate against black people?

The way he told his crowd's to "beat the hell" out of black protesters. The way he said he'd pay legal fees and fines for supporters who beat up protesters. Having the head of Breitbart as his campaign CEO gave cover to the racist alt-right and gave them a seat at the big table and cover for their hate. His portrayal of "blacks living in hell", "being unemployed". He intentionally portrayed blacks as criminals, as uneducated, as unemployed and more told bigots it was OK to hate blacks as they were clearly inferior.

Describing our inner cities as post apocalyptic hellscapes where all "the blacks" live plays into white anxieties. It played well with my parents who seem to legitimately fear a race war.

I've been to Detroit, it was a post apocalyptic hellscape.

I've been to Detroit, it was a post apocalyptic hellscape.

giphy.gif

I take the point, but I think the purpose of doing that was to try to convince black people that the democrats' policies have failed them, not to instill fear in white people.

Maybe so. He was saying it to overwhelmingly white audiences though, so there is certainly potential to stoke fear. Black people mostly live in suburbs anyway.

He was also lying about the unemployment rate, right?

I take the point, but I think the purpose of doing that was to try to convince black people that the democrats' policies have failed them, not to instill fear in white people.

As opposed to the Ryan/GOP policies/budget that the Catholic Church calls "immoral"?

You mean like GOP policies to cut Pell Grants making college unaffordable for many blacks and others?

You mean like defunding Planned Parenthood which is the only health services available to millions of women?

You mean like the voter ID laws the GOP have passed in dozens of states to keep blacks, poor and the elderly from voting?

You mean killing Jack Kemp's Enterprise Zones which directly jobs in minority neighborhoods?

You mean like having a POTUS who has been found guilty of housing and employment discrimination against blacks?

He was ONE thing with his admonitions- creating massive FEAR among white people.

The GOP has intentionally driven people of color away from their party.

If the Dow is petrified of a Trump Presidency, it has a funny way of showing it. Closes at all-time high.

It's small wonder what Dems would wish to curtail this debate, especially when you consider the facts.

It's pretty much downright Unamerican to not throw your full support behind our democratically elected leader.

Back