• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump: Dems favorability down to 31%! All time low! Sad!

Trump is legitimately pro Trump and pro wealth. That's the list. Hopefully the wealth trickles down.

This statement lines up with the connotation I'm saying exists. Despite the fact black people overwhelmingly vote democratic, it would be a malapropism to call them "the" base. Rather, as you state above, they form "part of" the base.

No.

If the economy isn't growing at the promised 5%, the Wall didn't build and pay for itself, and manufacturing jobs lost 20 and 30 years ago don't magically reappear in the Rust Belt, who gets blamed? Dems, Muslims, Caitlyn Jenner, and Mexicans?

Unions. Duh !

He has no CHANCE will change lobbying rules in a fashion that will themselves millions of dollars when they retire from Congress or lose an election. He's got a better chance that Mexico will pay for his wall and that textile jobs will leave Bangladesh and Viet Nam for NC and SC.

RJ, I've become a little leery of believing things that you say have no chance of happening.

RJ, I've become a little leery of believing things that you say have no chance of happening.

Do you actually think that Members of Congress will vote in a law to specifically cost themselves or the fellow Members millions of dollars?

What are the gays worried is gonna happen. They already won, there's no putting the paste back in the tube

Do you actually think that Members of Congress will vote in a law to specifically cost themselves or the fellow Members millions of dollars?

Unlike you, I don't have a crystal ball to know everything all the time. Most of the time, I just have to wait and see what is going to happen. You are continually throwing out opinions as absolute statements of fact. You never say "I believe this will happen, etc." It is always an absolute fact....just like the one that Trump had no chance to win this election and Hillary was going to get 340+ electoral votes.

All I'm saying is that I am learning to take your "facts" with several grains of salt.

President-elect Trump willing to keep parts of ACA

TL;DR: He's willing to keep the Preexisting Condition exemption and extended dependent age

This guy is gonna rope a dope everyone and troll all of DC.

Obama has irresponsibly put Trump in an impossible position with Obamacare. Obama just blithely gave 8 or 10 million new people health coverage without an idea in hell how he was going to pay for it. It was a scheme designed to fail from the beginning. Obama gets credit for giving these millions of people something...and whomever has the job of telling these people they can't have all this this for nothing...and they could never afford to pay for it from the start (which Obama knew)...is the guy with the political problem.

Obama has irresponsibly put Trump in an impossible position with Obamacare. Obama just blithely gave 8 or 10 million new people health coverage without an idea in hell how he was going to pay for it. It was a scheme designed to fail from the beginning. Obama gets credit for giving these millions of people something...and whomever has the job of telling these people they can't have all this this for nothing...and they could never afford to pay for it from the start (which Obama knew)...is the guy with the political problem.

There is a way to pay for it, but old rich guys like you who have never put in a hard days work in their lives resent the poor and don't want to chip in any more nickels for them. Now go sell some 'investment advice" and wash your soft money-counting hands of the problem while these hard-working poor people lose their subsidies and you pat yourself on the back for living "right" and look down your nose at them for being poor and taking handouts from you.

Yeah the pre existing condition will have to go on government payroll if ACA is gutted no other way to force insurers to cover them

Dude, haven't you heard? The supply siders are out in force saying that all of this can be paid for with tax cuts spurring 4 and 5 % growth. Of course, the deficit will go up in the short term, but long term.......

I agree there needs to be a balance, but the balance seems way tilted in the favor of land mass over people.

President: R representation far greater than popular vote
Senate: R representation far greater than popular vote
House; R representation far greater than popular vote

The house at least used to be the counterbalance, but now that appears to be gone.

That should be concerning

Another issue I've heard come up is that prisoners and felons who haven't had their voting rights restored are counted in EC calculations but don't have the right to vote. Obviously this is an issue we've already tackled once in our history. It's time to either restore voting rights to prisoners or recalculate without people whose voting rights are taken away.

Another issue I've heard come up is that prisoners and felons who haven't had their voting rights restored are counted in EC calculations but don't have the right to vote. Obviously this is an issue we've already tackled once in our history. It's time to either restore voting rights to prisoners or recalculate without people whose voting rights are taken away.

That is a fascinating discussion. Seems an important one to have too.

Back