• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump: Dems favorability down to 31%! All time low! Sad!

Obama has irresponsibly put Trump in an impossible position with Obamacare. Obama just blithely gave 8 or 10 million new people health coverage without an idea in hell how he was going to pay for it. It was a scheme designed to fail from the beginning. Obama gets credit for giving these millions of people something...and whomever has the job of telling these people they can't have all this this for nothing...and they could never afford to pay for it from the start (which Obama knew)...is the guy with the political problem.

The party of personal responsibility, amiright???

Oh, so the expensive parts?

Privatize profit, socialize risk!

Obama had ideas. The states chose not to execute them. Republicans actively worked to get healthy young people not to sign up.

Trump will learn the same lesson Obama did. The President can't just tell people what to do.

Obama had ideas. The states chose not to execute them. Republicans actively worked to get healthy young people not to sign up.

Trump will learn the same lesson Obama did. The President can't just tell people what to do.

Obama just wanted to just be everyone's friend, operate with class, and was unable to step on anyone's toes because he had a big legacy to fill for obvious reasons. Trump will tell people what to do.

Obama just wanted to just be everyone's friend, operate with class, and was unable to step on anyone's toes because he had a big legacy to fill for obvious reasons. Trump will tell people what to do.

That's an accurate take on Obama.

His supporters gonna be pissed.

I think you're overestimating how much people care about whether their health insurance bill is $100 a month out of their paycheck or $120. The only people who care about Obamacare are racists who wanted him to do nothing, republicans in Washington, or business owners. And we're just about to cut their tax rate down. They're good.

The people who voted Trump aren't idiots. We knew he was full of shit about alotta the stuff he said. We just expect him to do something, which I'm guessing he will. Hell he's already delivered on 2 campaign promises 2 days after he was elected. That's more than anyone else running for president has delivered on in recent memory. I think he'll get movement on close to half if not more of his 100 day plan. If he gets the congressional term limits and lobbying shit done, he's a top 5 president of all time.

Last edited:
campaigns are 100% bullshit "hope" "change" "make America great again" rail on the other side, etc. Say the popular thing. Say nothing of substance, etc.

I'm encouraged that he's already willing to compromise and stepping back from the things he said, means he might actually get something done. Isn't that what we all want, someone who will compromise? Why would Dems be pissed about that?

I predict Incompetence and disarray in the Trump administration, an inability for trump to trust anyone, and his expected pettiness to wear on his staff and on congress. Lots of staff turnover and upheaval, plenty of drama.

His supporters gonna be pissed.

Here's one of them that won't be....and I doubt that I'm alone.

This is one reason why you lost this election.....you consistently underestimated Trump's supporters, convincing your smug selves that you were geniuses and all Trump supporters were stupid redneck racists. And you still believe it.

What are the gays worried is gonna happen. They already won, there's no putting the paste back in the tube

You'd think Trump converted to Islam with their worrying that gays are going to lose all their rights

2 days in and he's already looking to compromise and make deals. Fairly sure that's why people voted for him. Get shit done.

Just look at what Trump has already accomplished: He has gotten rid of the Bushes, the Clintons & Obama. Pretty damned good start, in my opinion.

BTW, has anyone heard from Bill Kristol lately?

Remind me about the last eight years period when the following happened:

Cut deficits by well over 50%
Cut unemployment by about 50%
ZERO scandals
Turned -8.7% GDP shrinkage to 2% growth
High school graduation rates reached highest percentage ever
Stock market more than doubled
With the exception of Russia, international relations restored
Killed Bin Laden
Saved the US Auto industry
Turned around the worst recession since Great Depression
Ended Iraq War
ACA did cover millions more. would have been better if GOP had ever tried to work with them.
Ended Don't Ask/Don't tell.
Signed Lily Ledbetter

I'm sure there were many other things, but to say Obama didn't do anything is idiotic.

I predict Incompetence and disarray in the Trump administration, an inability for trump to trust anyone, and his expected pettiness to wear on his staff and on congress. Lots of staff turnover and upheaval, plenty of drama.

will you not be entertained?

This is one reason why you lost this election.....you consistently underestimated Trump's supporters, convincing your smug selves that you were geniuses and all Trump supporters were stupid redneck racists. And you still believe it.

I don't recall running for president.

It's interesting that you extol the virtues of having the highest of expectations of people when talking about the poor and bootstraps and lifestyle, but when liberals have the highest of expectations surrounding racism and hatefulness and divisive behavior, you clinch your old tired sphincter and get your feelings hurt.

What happens when he doesn't change anything for the vast majority of his supporters? They're going to be pissed. They'll still have their fucking guns and religion. Which they would have anyway.

I voted straight Dem. I'm horrified about the Trump presidency. I'll be fine. Hell, I'll probably make more money, and I'll definitely pay less taxes. Most of his supporters, not so much. He's a shit show.

Enjoy the victory old man.

No one underestimated Trump's supporters. He got less votes than any Republican in the past four elections.

What was underestimated was how much Comey and Putin and new voting laws would suppress Dem voters.

Back