• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump: Dems favorability down to 31%! All time low! Sad!

No matter how many times you say it doesn't make it true. The people who vote against their self interest, so basically the south just take take take from the government. It would actually be interesting if all the republican positions that they always want to defund finally happened. Republicans play the long con promising to get rid of the programs, shrink government, but they have no intention to, they have a symbiotic relationship with the democrats knowing they will block it. If Trump is president maybe the long con is finished and all the republican voters would be dumbfounded when they aren't getting their government hand outs.

Excellent post...and I'm afraid that you are right. This is probably the nation's last chance. We are at a tipping point. If Hillary & the Democrats win today, the Welfare State will have officially arrived. Soon thereafter, the Democrats will have incorporated more beholden voters with more giveaway programs and the number of voters riding in the wagon will be able to permanently outvote the taxpayers who are paying for & pulling the wagon. The nation will have reached the point of no return.
Mean so much from somebody who was a hardcore Bernie Sanders supporter when this election began.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Mean so much from somebody who was a hardcore Bernie Sanders supporter when this election began.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Things change. Posters on this board have made me realize the error of former views.

To paraphrase Roberto di Vincenzo: "What a stupid I was."

Last edited:
Hey Knight, imagine all that hope you feel, then pretend you're a Muslim, a woman, an African American - just about anything other than an old white guy. To the rest of the electorate, Trump was selling hopelessness.

And hey, he could still pull a miracle and win today. But the rest of the "he was never going to win" mantra is just escapism. He absolutely could have won - all he had to do was make just one other demographic feel the hope you so poetically (albeit misguidedly, imho) feel.

But he didn't. And you can blame the people all you want, or the establishment, or say he had no chance or any other excuse you want if it makes the bitter pill of losing easier to swallow. But none of it is true. Hillary was imminently beatable in this election - by almost any candidate. The FBI and Wikileak double shot would have been the icing on the cake in almost any other scenario that didn't involve isolating massive swaths of American voters.

And that's just the objective piece. Subjectively the belief that Trump really cared about the things you list seems absurd to me. Just as I'm sure Clinton's fitness to be President seems absurd to you.

But Trump just fucking blew it man. That's all there is to this. The GOP danced with the devil and got burned despite being dealt an incredible hand to re-take the White House. Fix your shit and do better than Donald fucking Trump next time - everyone will be better off.

Excellent post...and I'm afraid that you are right. This is probably the nation's last chance. We are at a tipping point. If Hillary & the Democrats win today, the Welfare State will have officially arrived. Soon thereafter, the Democrats will have incorporated more beholden voters with more giveaway programs and the number of voters riding in the wagon will be able to permanently outvote the taxpayers who are paying for & pulling the wagon. The nation will have reached the point of no return.

Hillary's beating Trump among White college educated voters by high single digits/low double digits. Beating Trump in swing state suburbs. After tonight, may be only a single GOP Senator in New England (not exactly racially diverse or economically disadvantaged). 'Pubs are extinct in Silicon Valley because of their archaic social policies.

GOP populism plays well in rural America because they don't attract and retain major corporations who demand educated workers and inclusive social policies. GOP leaders can do all the autopsies they want, but the base wants a pre-'50s America with limited economic upside domestically or internationally.

200.gif

Confirmed, you are big stupid sheep being led around by flunkie radio personalities.

Admittedly Knight makes some good points in there. If Donald Trump had run on those points-of-view instead of highlighting the tin-foil, narcissistic, racist, sexist that he is, then maybe there would have been a different view of him.

Yeah, you're kind of dumb. That's all I really got.

There are muslims, women, and black people who wanted Trump to win. You've fallen prey to the mindset that the President has to be some infinitely diverse plushy bear that just wants to give hugs. It's the leader of the free world, dude - not a free-tolerance-hug machine.

The vast majority (I'm thinking 1 or 2 in our history) of presidents have said the equivalent of the "grab them by the pussy" thing. More than half have likely acted on it. The "women hate Trump" shtick perpetrated by the MSM is only a thing because he's running against a woman. Another man couldn't point the finger, because he'd be just as guilty. Fuck, Joe Biden was a potential for this election - he's notoriously handsy with women on the Hill.

As far as black america goes, I don't even know where to start. A good place would be that we're coming off 8 years of a black president - and that's going to screw with the electorate numbers from a practical standpoint. But, moreso, I see Clinton as a stamp of validation on the current programs that we have in place now. Our government is DESIGNED right now to perpetuate the prison-industrial complex (PIC) which feeds on black families. Just straight up, that's how it works. Clinton is going to perpetuate that hardcore - she's in bed with the PIC and all the attendant lobbyists. She will absolutely continue to feed on the soul of black america in the same way that Bill, Bush, and Obama have. Not because maybe they don't care (I genuinely believe that Obama wanted to help black America), but because the strings leading to the marionette are spun with PIC gold.

For example, do you know that our food stamp programs have a provision in them that prohibits felons from living with beneficiaries? When 1 in 3 black men are going to end up as felons, do you understand what that does? It makes it so that those families don't have a father figure in their lives. I work in the criminal justice system - across the board, the largest predictor of felony criminal behavior is the lack of a father-figure in someone's life. We have a system right now - straight up - all that is on the books - that LITERALLY creates the problem that it is trying to solve. It's fucking appalling.

Trump has at least acknowledged that plight - he's spoken at length about inner cities and the condition they are in. I genuinely believe that black America's hope doesn't lay in Clinton, but instead rests firmly in a candidate not beholden to the PIC.

As for the Muslim thing, it's just something we're going to have to acknowledge at some point. The First Amendment is amazing and it's done a lot to make America what America is. It's also always the first casualty of war. We've been killing muslims for 12+ years now. That's led to us needing a policy that is going to mitigate that threat that we've created. It's not pretty - but it's the hand we've been dealt at this point. It's going to be a problem for whoever sits in the whitehouse with no good answers. Just saying, "peace be with you" isn't going to get the job done at this point.

46981d_339e12b45b5a4e879bf5c77fcd1c9831~mv2.gif

:tear: Every time I think you have delivered your best performance, your Peter O'Toole in Lawrence of Arabia, you show up and outdo yourself. Hear hear, give this man another Oscar

What everyone is forgetting is that Trump will declare victory tonight. He will say the scoring he was using was golf. Lowest score wins.

Yeah, you're kind of dumb. That's all I really got.

There are muslims, women, and black people who wanted Trump to win. You've fallen prey to the mindset that the President has to be some infinitely diverse plushy bear that just wants to give hugs. It's the leader of the free world, dude - not a free-tolerance-hug machine.

The vast majority (I'm thinking 1 or 2 in our history) of presidents have said the equivalent of the "grab them by the pussy" thing. More than half have likely acted on it. The "women hate Trump" shtick perpetrated by the MSM is only a thing because he's running against a woman. Another man couldn't point the finger, because he'd be just as guilty. Fuck, Joe Biden was a potential for this election - he's notoriously handsy with women on the Hill.

As far as black america goes, I don't even know where to start. A good place would be that we're coming off 8 years of a black president - and that's going to screw with the electorate numbers from a practical standpoint. But, moreso, I see Clinton as a stamp of validation on the current programs that we have in place now. Our government is DESIGNED right now to perpetuate the prison-industrial complex (PIC) which feeds on black families. Just straight up, that's how it works. Clinton is going to perpetuate that hardcore - she's in bed with the PIC and all the attendant lobbyists. She will absolutely continue to feed on the soul of black america in the same way that Bill, Bush, and Obama have. Not because maybe they don't care (I genuinely believe that Obama wanted to help black America), but because the strings leading to the marionette are spun with PIC gold.

For example, do you know that our food stamp programs have a provision in them that prohibits felons from living with beneficiaries? When 1 in 3 black men are going to end up as felons, do you understand what that does? It makes it so that those families don't have a father figure in their lives. I work in the criminal justice system - across the board, the largest predictor of felony criminal behavior is the lack of a father-figure in someone's life. We have a system right now - straight up - all that is on the books - that LITERALLY creates the problem that it is trying to solve. It's fucking appalling.

Trump has at least acknowledged that plight - he's spoken at length about inner cities and the condition they are in. I genuinely believe that black America's hope doesn't lay in Clinton, but instead rests firmly in a candidate not beholden to the PIC.

As for the Muslim thing, it's just something we're going to have to acknowledge at some point. The First Amendment is amazing and it's done a lot to make America what America is. It's also always the first casualty of war. We've been killing muslims for 12+ years now. That's led to us needing a policy that is going to mitigate that threat that we've created. It's not pretty - but it's the hand we've been dealt at this point. It's going to be a problem for whoever sits in the whitehouse with no good answers. Just saying, "peace be with you" isn't going to get the job done at this point.

An insult is all you got? A brief moment as a non-asshole Trump supporter in your previous post, but then it's right back to insults, telling people what they think, making asinine statements about how some muslims are pro-Trump, sexist rhetoric, and revealing your "hope and belief" to be nothing more than "every other President has said and done things just as bad as Trump" bullshit.

Smoking #hottake on black america by the way. I'm sure Trump was going to be that champion. You've been fooled by Trump because you wanted to be. "Spoken at length about inner cities" - laughable. Hasn't spoken TO inner cities mind you, just "about" them at a nice safe distance. At length? Incredible that you could write that as non-parody.

Every point you make about the justice system is 100% on the mark. That you think Trump has any real interest or insight into repairing it is simply amazing.

Trump if he wins will do what Trump does best, look out for Trump. He cares way too much what people think about him, I'm not convinced he won't at least try to be a good president, the problem is he will surround himself with The whos who of republican cast offs so despite thinking he is getting good advice will be getting horrible advice. The on point trump is fine it's the underneath unhinged trump that's always lurking (stay on point, talking to himself at a rally) that's a huge liability. The other is he has a persecution complex because despite money he was never accepted. It's already been seen that he values revenge, and revenge coming from the president could be disastrous.

Im still mystified by people who think Trump is a great businessman/leader. A not-so-deep dive into his career reveals a poor leader who was in so deep with his creditors who eventually felt they could only recoup their money by keeping his name on the buildings. The only thing Trump is good at is being a pitchman. He demonstrated no real business acumen beyond brand-building - which he did with his over-the-top personality, not with a keen eye on numbers or data. He's a huckster

Admittedly Knight makes some good points in there. If Donald Trump had run on those points-of-view instead of highlighting the tin-foil, narcissistic, racist, sexist that he is, then maybe there would have been a different view of him.

lmao - you would have got to the same place either way. don't kid yourself.

Trump is aligned with the religious right. Pence is about as religious right as you can get.

Trump would be the best thing that ever happened to this country. Unfortunately too many media shills can't see that. SaD!

Back