• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump: Dems favorability down to 31%! All time low! Sad!

yeah i don't get it. why is upgrading our roads and especially utilities like power grid and internet not an insta-win for the politicians?

Because if the other side gets it off the ground they can claim the high ground as the "job creators." Pubs who railed against deficit spending all these years will do a complete about face if it can be shown to actually create jobs, even though they refuse to acknowledge the role it had in staving off even worse economic disaster in 2008.

I think the infrastructure plan is going to happen, but Paul Ryan will probably be a big thorn in it getting funded at the levels Trump wants. Might make for an interesting stand off early on.

do you think HC would have floated a person like Sarah Palin?

No, but the "ultra" part is a matter of perspective. I think it would be like nominating a staunch gun control supporter to a position like AG, or to head the ATF.

I would love massive spending on everything, from infrastructure to science, to other government services. If that happens I'd vote another 4 years trump despite his rhetoric. However couple that with massive tax cuts, I'd love some of that too, we are now living in everyone gets something fantasy world. Also if all this massive spending results in cutting to critical services in the other tiny pie parts of the budget while not touching anything else than no no no.

I really just wish we could get a competent plan for education reform. I'm not mad that the uneducated voted for Trump. I'm mad that our system has allowed for there to be so many poorly educated people. Bernie had the right idea putting it at the forefront of his campaign, even though I don't agree with his approach to accomplishing it.

It's a good idea no matter who proposes it. Congress actually did get a $305BN extension of the stimulus law passed last year. I think the politically expedient thing (rather than the right thing) is to keep passing smaller laws like this instead of a long term commitment to spending on infrastructure. I don't care if it's Trump or overlord Putin or whoever does it, it's right for the country.

Whichever party gets that massive long term commitment to infrastructure spending through is going to have a stranglehold on DC for some time.

Go in peace, so long as you specifically agree to take LA with you.

I would miss the surf, but it's a sacrifice I'd be willing to make, particularly considering that Arizona will likely be the new coastline when the big one hits.

What you'd miss most about losing CA is the dollars out of your pocket in increased federal taxes to make up for all that is lost from CA. You'd also be paying more for wine, food, technology and more.

Because deficit!

It'll be interesting to see how the party of low spending and deficits reacts to a President from their party who wants to ramp up spending.

Were you not around for 2000-2008?

It still seems surreal that a reality tv star, multiple divorcee, cheater, crass New Yorker is the president via the Republican Party.

It still seems surreal that a reality tv star, multiple divorcee, cheater, crass New Yorker is the president via the Republican Party.

Yeah, I for one am shocked that so many evangelicals are giant hypocrites. On the other hand, I've never had so much respect for Mormons.

Yeah, I for one am shocked that so many evangelicals are giant hypocrites. On the other hand, I've never had so much respect for Mormons.

Trump still won handily in Utah.

The SCOTUS blockade really factored into this more than people seem to be discussing.

Why? He got 47% of their vote.

And it's not just evangelicals, they are just the most hypocritical. Organized religion makes it too easy to be absolved for being a horrible person. Too many people think they are good people (and saved and going to heaven) simply because they go to church, sing some hymns, and ask for forgiveness for their sins, all while taking ancient texts and twisting them to hate and admonish specific groups/types of people or actions. It's lazy and pathetic.

Back