• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official November 8, 2016 Election Day Thread

Forget Michigan. Even if she wins it Wisconsin will drop her.

If I have this right- Trump wins 4 of 5 EVs in NE, Clinton wins 3 of 4 EVs in Maine, Trump wins Wisconsin, Clinton wins Michigan and NH, it would be a tie at 269?

If that happens.

Holy. Shit.

Anyone got a bunker I can crash in?

Isn't the electoral college vote based on % of population? I don't get this argument

It is to a certain extent, but congressional districts per state don't cleanly match population %. There's 3x as many people in Pennsylvania for each electoral college vote as there are in Wyoming, for example. This makes smaller vote numbers in smaller states far more valuable than huge vote numbers in very populous states.

ec_chart1_550.jpg

Dems have effectively wasted 8 years of Obama. He redrew the map twice and they couldn't take advantage in the midterms and now.

I mean... Ok. And I'm a huge Obama fan... But there are counties that went for Obama now turning to Trump - one in Wisconsin is going Republican for the first time in 32 years. And Obama worked his ass off to promote Hillary.

Obamacare rate hikes were a dagger in these closing states. And Obama isn't responsible for Hillary being unlikable enough that conscience voters ran to a 3rd party...

Welcome to a Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan presidency. In comparison is that really that bad? I'd honestly accept that at this point.

Pistons and Bucks fans are going to decide this election.

this is the most exhilarating night of television since the day the Oj verdict came out, right?

Final prediction because I might fall asleep soon....

Clinton will win Michigan and it's over. But damn it will tiiiight.

Way to hedge, Paul Ryan. "This could be a great night for America" without specifying which outcome that represents.

More important than presidential race, Prop 64 here in Cali looking good!!!

So what is the scariest part of this, Supreme Court? Empowerment of the alt right?

Uh so ... Georgia. There's a fucking lot of dem votes still out in Clayton, Fulton and the other core Atlanta counties. Hilary is even winning in Cobb county. She's probably not going to win Georgia, but it's going to be squeaky tight.

Back