• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official November 8, 2016 Election Day Thread

I could see him pissing off enough establishment Pubs and Pence working on it behind the scenes. If Trump doesn't get in line with Congress' agenda, they'll get rid of him and stack the deck for Pence 2020.

No chance. They will kiss the fucking ring. They can't win without his turnout of uneducated white folks. He will have any and everything he wants. He will have more power than any POTUS in a long while.

No chance. They will kiss the fucking ring. They can't win without his turnout of uneducated white folks. He will have any and everything he wants. He will have more power than any POTUS in a long while.

I don't disagree with the bold, but I disagree that they will give him the power. He doesn't know how things work. He wouldn't know how to use the power. He's going to be way out of his element and turn into a puppet and if he doesn't play nice, they'll get rid of him. It could start with the Supreme Court nominee.

The woman thing by trump is kinda meh, but if you are an immigrant, Muslim, Hispanic or not white the people that really dislike you have just been empowered, I really hope those groups don't use this opportunity to lash out against them, not holding my breath.

It'd be pretty ironic if they replaced Obamacare with Single Payer like some Pubs were calling for last year...

I don't disagree with the bold, but I disagree that they will give him the power. I think they'll treat him like Senate Dems treated Obama in 2009: "Thanks, we got it from here."

No way. Republicans fall in line. You are seeing it in the polls tonight. It's in the authoritarian DNA.

Y'all do realize that Trump is a bum who will do basically nothing, right? He's an egomaniac who just wants the validation.

If he somehow gets focused, and destroys TARP and eliminates Carried Interest and makes the tax code more progressive (as he has promised*) then I'll applaud him.

All and all I think President Trump's brief presidency will be very inconsequential.

Has the Doofi's cojoined head exploded yet? This is hysterical. Thanks Obama, your legacy will be giving us Obamacare and Donald Trump. The [Redacted] of presidents goes out with a bang.

Hillary's CA margin will probably at least give her the popular vote win so she can harp on that for four years if she falls short.

Y'all do realize that Trump is a bum who will do basically nothing, right? He's an egomaniac who just wants the validation.

If he somehow gets focused, and destroys TARP and eliminates Carried Interest and makes the tax code more progressive (as he has promised*) then I'll applaud him.

All and all I think President Trump's brief presidency will be very inconsequential.

I expect trump to take on Wall Street and bomb North Korea cause kin jong un disrespects him. 100 years from now he'll be viewed on mt Rushmore

If he gets term limits started and it passes the states, that would hardly be inconsequential.

Hillary's CA margin will probably at least give her the popular vote win so she can harp on that for four years if she falls short.

That's a trend that is building steam. Democrats got more votes in US House races nationally than Republicans did in 2014, but got fewer seats. That will possibly happen this year as well, and that's not even mentioning the Presidency. There's going to be a massive groundswell of discontent on the coasts if they continually bring more votes but see less representation.

This city/coast v. rural/middle conflict isn't going to go away any time soon - in fact, it's likely to escalate over the next 4 years.

Carville has called it for Trump...

Did Hillary really never visit Wisconsin? Lololololol. Whhhhooooops

Hope the country knows what it is doing. I hope I am wrong and they are right.

Omg, Clinton headquarters is literally playing the song "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger".

Do we nuke the electoral college anytime soon?

Nah. I like this check on the oligarchy.

Axelrod is kind of freaking out. It's fascinating TV. As the former campaign manager of the outsider he gets it. I appreciate his honesty.

Back