• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official November 8, 2016 Election Day Thread

In this case it would be better to reinstate the original EC rules and allow the College to make the correct decision and override the mob.

How epically ridiculous that would be. Elites say "fuck you" to the rest of the country.

Well the good news for us commielibs is that we get to bang the DRAIN THE SWAMP drum for the next decade or however long it will take to gain any sliver of power back.

I just gave money to my first beggar ever since moving downtown. Just my part in making America great again

Yeah, he is talking like its over.

It is.

No excuses now, pubs. You control nearly everything at every single level. Looking forward to solutions. I hope you're all right and I'm wrong.

How do I get my name out to Trump, im trying to get one of those random cabinet positions that he has no qualified person to fill.

It is.

No excuses now, pubs. You control nearly everything at every single level. Looking forward to solutions. I hope you're all right and I'm wrong.

They owned it under Bush, screwed it up, and still managed to make Obama look like the bad guy for getting things back together.

If I'm gay, a woman, a DREAMER/DACA/undocumented, Muslim, a NATO nation with a Russian border, believe in the need for climate change legislation (I could go on), I might quibble with your definition of inconsequential. Forget Donald for a minute. The GOP owns Washington. The election of Donald Trump is going to be consequential.

I'm none of these things, mind you (ok, I believe in climate change). But I have friends who are these things. I have a daughter too. Sure, I'll be fine. You'll be fine. Highly educated straight white male America will be great. But a lot of our friends are worried tonight.

Note that I'm not moving to Canada. Like you, I believe that we are too great a country. We'll still be around in four years, alive and kicking. But I do worry that many of my friends are about to be kicked.

Y'all do realize that Trump is a bum who will do basically nothing, right? He's an egomaniac who just wants the validation.

If he somehow gets focused, and destroys TARP and eliminates Carried Interest and makes the tax code more progressive (as he has promised*) then I'll applaud him.

All and all I think President Trump's brief presidency will be very inconsequential.

It is close enough that random electoral college members could be like fuck it no Trump which would be insane, plus probably never happen.

From 538:

The story of faithless electors is short and boring. According to The Washington Post, 29 states have laws requiring electors to remain faithful to the statewide popular vote winner. There have been a few faithless electors over the years, but they’ve never changed the outcome of the presidency — the allocation of Electoral College votes did that. There’s a lot we don’t know right now, but a Democratic elector in Washington state has claimed he won’t vote for Clinton. As the map tightens, it could make the difference — we’ll see.

Just chatted with some black folks out on the street, this trump this is gonna be bad. They hate him

Carville has called it for Trump...

I wish I had seen that. What channel is he on? Carville was a big part of those DLC assholes who set Hillary up for this expected ascendency to the presidency, along with Paul Begala, Lanny Davis, Bruce Reed, Al From & Harold Ford.

Time to fire up the #rigging machines. We gave it an honest shot. Time to save America from itself.

Back