• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official MLB SPRING TRAINING THREAD (Cobb signs with O's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams are not going to give up much for a player on the last year of his contract. If he walks next year, they'd have nothing for the good player(s) or prospect(s) that you think they would be willing to give up.

Galvis has shown that he can field multiple infield positions at a major league level. Has a below average ML bat. Thought that should be worth more than one AA pitching prospect. But that what the Phillies were willing to let him go for. NBD.

there are at least 4 fas that can field multiple positions and not hit

Are you a Phils fan cantstandya?

I live in the Philly media market, so the games I see most are Phillies games. I don't really have a specific team that I follow though. #badfan

Red Sox re-sign Mitch Moreland; this makes it increasingly unlikely that the Sawx sign Eric Hosmer.

Britton injured Achilles, out at least 6 months. Won't be able to establish trade value before deadline. O's not getting satisfactory offers for Machado. Brach won't be traded due to Britton injury. 2018 is going to be terrible for the O's.

Wade Davis - 3/$52m from the Rockies, who also shelled out 3/$27m each for Jake McGee and Bryan Shaw earlier this Fall. Woof.

Evan Longoria traded to the Giants

I was hoping the Braves would step up and get him. Riley is projected to be a couple of years off so Longoria could serve until Riley was ready. with a trade of Longoria happening then.

Wade Davis - 3/$52m from the Rockies, who also shelled out 3/$27m each for Jake McGee and Bryan Shaw earlier this Fall. Woof.

Eh every starting pitcher besides Bettis ($5 mil) is at league minimum. For Colorado, this approach makes sense given the contracts. Don’t love the vesting options which could create problems 4 years from now, but that is a future problem that could be less problematic if the club sees success. I like vision overall. Last concern is Davis’ reliance on the curveball, that bucks Jeff’s approach of finding hard-throwing groundball inducing fast ball throwers. At the end of the day, the moves work for my Rockies given their status in MLB free agency on the pitching side.

I was hoping the Braves would step up and get him. Riley is projected to be a couple of years off so Longoria could serve until Riley was ready. with a trade of Longoria happening then.

Would’ve been a stupid trade for braves especially with us not really looking to compete this year. Riley will be ready mid 2019. And if we don’t think he’s the solution, hold out for somebody next offseason. We have ~$80 million free next winter. Sign Frazier or somebody as a 1 year gap

Would’ve been a stupid trade for braves especially with us not really looking to compete this year. Riley will be ready mid 2019. And if we don’t think he’s the solution, hold out for somebody next offseason. We have ~$80 million free next winter. Sign Frazier or somebody as a 1 year gap

So, are you in favoring of keeping Acuna in Triple A until May whatever to tie him up for an additional season? Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I can see the Braves as a wild card team (at least if Swanson doesn't stink it up again).

So, are you in favoring of keeping Acuna in Triple A until May whatever to tie him up for an additional season? Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I can see the Braves as a wild card team (at least if Swanson doesn't stink it up again).

It’ll be like halfway through the third week, so yes.

How tough must it be for Pittsburgh fans this week?? First, they get beat by the Jags in a game they played their hearts out (at lest on O), but with a coaching staff that had to have made some of the biggest mistakes of the playoffs. Then, their baseball team trades one of my favorite players, McCutchen, to the Giants for absolutely nothing and Cole to the Astros. I would be so pissed right now! I'm also pissed that the Phillies didn't get both one or both of those dudes.

McClutch has slipped a bit the last two years, but I would gamble that he still has some gas in the tank. Tampa, Florida, & Pitsburgh are really screwing their fans.

How tough must it be for Pittsburgh fans this week?? First, they get beat by the Jags in a game they played their hearts out (at lest on O), but with a coaching staff that had to have made some of the biggest mistakes of the playoffs. Then, their baseball team trades one of my favorite players, McCutchen, to the Giants for absolutely nothing and Cole to the Astros. I would be so pissed right now! I'm also pissed that the Phillies didn't get both one or both of those dudes.

McClutch has slipped a bit the last two years, but I would gamble that he still has some gas in the tank. Tampa, Florida, & Pitsburgh are really screwing their fans.

They are only really screwing their fans by getting a whole lotta nothing in return. None of those three teams would have any shot to make a real run this year or with these teams as they are, rebuild is the way to go - and for the buccos, Meadows was going to get a shot anyway this year - but, man, they got junk for Cutch and Cole.

Pittsburgh fans have had it pretty damn good for the last decade or so between the Steelers and Penguins. Even the Pirates made the playoffs three years in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back