• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official MLB SPRING TRAINING THREAD (Cobb signs with O's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deacondamo

El Jefe
Reaction score
Cameron Maybin to the Angels already.

From Da's post on other thread

Players receiving QOs

Mark Trumbo
Jeremy Hellickson
Yoenis Cespedes
Neil Walker
Edwin Encarnacion
Joey Bats
Ian Desmond
Dex Fowler
Kenley Jansen
Justin Turner

Left out - Wilson Ramos, Mike Napoli, Weiters, Kendry Morales

Last edited:
You dumb fuck. Literally every time you start an Mlb thread, the ensuing time period royally sucks for the Orioles. You never learn.

Red Sox have contacted Joey Bats (not sure why they would want another OF). Cards and Nats are interested in Dexter Fowler.

Red Sox have contacted Joey Bats (not sure why they would want another OF). Cards and Nats are interested in Dexter Fowler.

Aren't the Nats set in OF? Or will they move Turner back to SS? Seems like a weird move for them, unless they're trying to unload Werth in the last year of his terrible deal.

You dumb fuck. Literally every time you start an Mlb thread, the ensuing time period royally sucks for the Orioles. You never learn.

Orioles making the playoffs sucks? Okay, cock face, whatever you say. I guess I should work on my thread starting abilities and how they can improve Orioles game attendance.

Aren't the Nats set in OF? Or will they move Turner back to SS? Seems like a weird move for them, unless they're trying to unload Werth in the last year of his terrible deal.

They'll definitely move him back

They'll definitely move him back

Yep, the Nats GM has always felt that Turner's long term place is at SS. BTW, the Nats have a stud CF prospect that is a year away - Victor Robles. Would guess the plan is to sign an OF like Fowler to play CF this year, and then move that player to LF when Werth's contract expires after 2017.

I'm a Nats homer, but I'll say with confidence that Werth's deal is far from terrible. Is it expensive? Yes. But the Nats hadn't finished over .500 once as a franchise until 2012, the second year of Werth's deal, and the last time before that was 2003 as the Expos. There were certainly other factors (Strasburg, Harper, etc.), but the leadership, experience, and stability that Werth has brought to the team was absolutely the origin of the "success" they've been having recently, and has changed the culture of the franchise.

There are a number of articles about his leadership with the team, but this one is my favorite: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/jayson-werth-has-made-his-presence-felt-throughout-washington-nationals/2013/03/23/16c9bba2-93ae-11e2-a31e-14700e2724e4_story.html

I say all that to say: yes the money is huge, but even though the raw numbers may not justify it, the winning in DC began with Werth signing.

Werth is also helping the helping the team in the home like he did in Philly. He has taught several teammates' wives all sorts of new sexual positions like he did with Chase Utley's wife.

Werth contract really hasn't been that bad. Based on how much a win costs on the Free Agent market he basically has been worth his contract.

Hellickson accepts QO, everyone else rejects.

I figured someone would throw 3/33 or something similar at Hellickson. Surprised he took the QO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back