• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

It fucking baffles me that Donna Brazile is the interim DNC chair.

Cw7oDgXVIAAvdh1.jpg

Zach is pretty melodramatic here but he's also not wrong. Except about dying from climate change in 40 years.
She will be gone very soon. Is it necessary to replace her with another interim chair for that brief period?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

When someone who presumably graduated from Wake Forest believes to his core that the President governed as a liberal, we have truly reached the point where facts no longer matter.

lol

and true

On Ellison, this has all been dispelled as false, correct (???):

He had once identified with Farrakhan’s Nation of Islam and in 1998 was referring to himself as Keith X Ellison and Keith Ellison-Muhammed.

Seems like slightly more moderate is the way to go after November 8 shock. I could be wrong.

He had once identified with Farrakhan’s Nation of Islam and in 1998 was referring to himself as Keith X Ellison and Keith Ellison-Muhammed.

Seems like slightly more moderate is the way to go after November 8 shock. I could be wrong.

Moving to the middle won't do a thing. You need anot energetic candidate that can provide hope to the middle class.

Yeah, more neo-liberalism is sure to get the Democratic vote out. Let's see who's trickle down economic policies are best.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Hillary Clinton was moderate as hell.

If the dems think that states that don't support their candidate in the general election have too big an influence in the primaries, why not try awarding "bonus delegates" in the primary to states that supported the party's nominee in the previous election?

Think Hawaii Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard. She's a 36 year old Iraq War Vet and member of the House Armed Services Committee She served as Vice Chair of the DNC before resigning to openly support Bernie Sanders. Supposedly there was a big rift between her and Wasserman-Schultz and Donna Brazile who were both on the Hillary train.

“As a veteran, as a soldier, I’ve seen firsthand the true cost of war,” she said, calling it a “necessity” to “have a commander-in-chief who has foresight, who exercises good judgment, who looks at the consequences of the actions that they are looking to take before they take those actions, so that we don’t continue to find ourselves in these failures that have resulted in chaos in the Middle East and so much loss of life.”

Some good background here:

http://www.salon.com/2016/02/28/dnc_vice_chair_resigns_endorses_sanders_blasts_clintons_interventionist_regime_change_policies/

220px-Tulsi_Gabbard,_official_portrait,_113th_Congress.jpg

and she's a surfer

Tulsi-Gabbard-01.jpg

President Elect Trump read this post and she is being considered for Ambassador to the UN.

Suprised she is the darling of the progressive movement with her Islamophobic and anti-gay policy tendencies.

I'm all for the millennials taking over the Democratic Party. They are really in touch.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...c6a45c-aff8-11e6-be1c-8cec35b1ad25_story.html

Love that introductory paragraph:

Hey Democrats, want help to rally the country around Donald Trump? Here’s a great idea: Have a crowd of wealthy, out-of-touch Manhattan liberals (who can afford $849 tickets to “Hamilton”) boo Vice President-elect Mike Pence while the cast of the Broadway show lectures him on diversity.

I'll be sure to bring it up at the next meeting.

Geez. Dems are so clueless.

Ouch. I guess this is how some Trump supporters felt with the whole "I don't care who it is, just mix it up!" votes.

Seriously though. I'm not saying Pelosi is specifically the problem, because I don't think she is; however she is a public beacon for the status quo that just lost to a maniac.

Last edited:
That she had something like 68 votes against her is actually a bit encouraging if you're searching for a silver lining. I'm thinking this means she's done the next time around.

Things must be really bad if I'm appearing as the optimist here.

Back