• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

jesus christ. dems are really going to screw this up, aren't we?

Credit to Howard Dean, who has been arguing that the Dems need to let younger leaders take over, I wish more would do the same. A lot of these guys don't want to let go.

Credit to Howard Dean, who has been arguing that the Dems need to let younger leaders take over, I wish more would do the same. A lot of these guys don't want to let go.

Yeah, I'm not worried that Kerry will get any traction. He has no natural constituency. The left wing is going for Bernie, Warren or Brown. The Obama folks would all go for Biden over him if they want a 77 year old. I'm still maintaining that the folks with the best chance of beating Trump or Pence are Hickenlooper, Booker, Harris or as a last resort Biden. So don't worry about Kerry going anywhere with this.

Edited to add I forgot to include Moulton as someone who can win.

Last edited:
I think some of the olds (not Bernie) will pull out if there are young vibrant candidates they like. They just want to give voters choices.

Sailor playing the “there was no sexist innuendo with using whiny” card. Sure.

Moulton is on local NPR and seems like a really bright guy. Vehemently anti-Donald (like most normal people) and has a great resume.

I think some of the olds (not Bernie) will pull out if there are young vibrant candidates they like. They just want to give voters choices.

If he really wants to run, do you think Biden will pull out because he likes Harris or Booker? I don't know that his ego would permit that. I mean I don't think he's as delusional as Bernie, but he still has a considerable ego, and I'm still pissed at him for not taking on Hillary because he wins easily last year. And I don't think the only reason he didn't run was the death of his son. Up until November, 2016, there was still a considerable mixture of fear and respect for the Clintons with the national party brass. And Hillary was just as much a successor to Obama as he would have been. He would have stepped on a lot of toes if he had run against her, and the Dem party line at the time was that she was going to sail to victory. So I think he did a political calculus in his mind and decided against it. And in his defense, no one really saw the rise of Trump among Pub voters, and most folks assumed she wouldn't run a shite campaign a 2nd time around and get caught in idiotic lies about her email scandal. He could have run last time with a strong veep as a 1 term caretaker, but he really is too old for 2020. Give him a nice speech at the convention. Bubba doesn't get to speak. If Hillary wants to, give her 7:00 on Tuesday night.

Hate to bash a whole generation (that's more bkf's thing), but you can argue that a big problem with US politics right now is that the Baby Boomers, whatever their political persuasion, continue to try to hog the spotlight and dominate the news. Trump, the Clintons, Biden, Warren, Jeb Bush, Romney, McConnell, Pelosi (born in 1940, but basically qualifies as Boomer otherwise), Bernie (born 1941, same as Pelosi), and so on. Even if they're already out of office they seem reluctant to cede the spotlight to someone else. If you add in news media figures like O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Matthews, Karl Rove, etc. the list grows even longer.

Back