• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

you are one of the best posters on the board for content, IMO.

Joe Wilson, a Republican congressman from South Carolina, interrupted President Obama’s September 2009 speech to a joint session of Congress to shout that Obama was a liar. Not only did Wilson not receive any sort of admonishment from conservative circles, but his fundraising for re election skyrocketed. 9.5 years later a congress woman from Michigan called the president a motherfucker during some sort of an informal event and Republicans are losing their minds. This is the political culture that they, not only created, but rewarded for a decade or more and are now saying Democrats cannot participate in.

Yea, Junebug and conservatives getting up in arms about a “shameless” pejorative hurled by a freshman congresswoman while standing idly by Trump while shrugging their shoulders saying SHE is the one eroding discourse is hilariously hypocritical.

Just own trump already. You love it. Even if you claim to hate it. Like evangelicals supporting trump. Be honest. There’s really no nuance at this point. He enjoys 90% approval from you guys. He’s yours.

Joe Wilson, a Republican congressman from South Carolina, interrupted President Obama’s September 2009 speech to a joint session of Congress to shout that Obama was a liar. Not only did Wilson not receive any sort of admonishment from conservative circles, but his fundraising for re election skyrocketed. 9.5 years later a congress woman from Michigan called the president a motherfucker during some sort of an informal event and Republicans are losing their minds. This is the political culture that they, not only created, but rewarded for a decade or more and are now saying Democrats cannot participate in.

Don't forget the most civil part-a South Carolina gun manufacturer sold gun parts with "You Lie" engraved on them.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/south-carolina-armory-sells-engraved-you-lie-gun-part

“The gun parts are made for the AR-15 semi-automatic rifle. The lower receiver is technically the “firearm” component of the gun, and it’s needed to make the gun operate. It also houses the gun’s serial number.”

Ugh.

Well, which is it young feller? Mean to say, if I was to be standing idly by then I couldn’t rightly be shrugging my shoulders. And if’n I were to shrug my shoulders then I reckon I wouldn’t be idle.

You may not realize this, but it is possible to be critical of both political parties at the same time.

lol

Can you link to your posts criticizing Trump for calling a black man a “son of a bitch” when he made the comment? Or when he said he likes to “grab women by the p***y”? If so, I’m happy to recant.

Funny thing things that cause you to post critical comments.

Meh, it’s selective outrage from Conservatives on things like this. It’s like seeing my moms Boomer Facebook friends comment “classless” on Beto’s F bomb in his concession speech but they’re silent on Trump’s comments. I guess I appreciate you calling him boorish, but just seems disingenuous because he does and says so much worse but is only met with “boorish” instead of outright condemnation.

The the Pubs not only let this kind of crass politics fester for over a decade, they rewarded it and now they are “upset” with the monster they created. It’s absurd. I get junebug’s point but it is hard not the get past the apparent selectivity and the too little too late aspects of his complaints.

The the Pubs not only let this kind of crass politics fester for over a decade, they rewarded it and now they are “upset” with the monster they created. It’s absurd. I get junebug’s point but it is hard not the get past the apparent selectivity and the too little too late aspects of his complaints.

Exactly. Selective outrage.

I’m of the belief that Trump is a motherfucker and should be called so every chance we get.

To the extent the comment is directed toward me, I can’t wait to hear what kind of echo chamber I live in.

Honestly, I wasn't directing the comment toward any single poster. Was responding to DDA and thinking more of my Fox and One America watching family members who maintain consistently high levels of selective outrage. But feel free to be sensitive.

I have a Fox News-obsessed, racist, facebook-posting aunt in rural NC who went on a tear this morning posting stuff about Tlaib's remarks. One had a picture of Tlaib saying "My name is Congresswoman Tlaib, and I'm what's wrong with America today." Not hard to get the meaning of that one (I'm a black Muslim woman cussing at our beloved POTUS!) Another was a chain post featuring a picture of an indignant letter some GOP lady wrote to the Chair of the House Ethics Committee deploring the "gross indecency of language" that Tlaib "used in describing our nation's president." It goes on to say that the "obscene language used publicly is extremely unbecoming and should not ever be used to describe the person holding our nation's highest office", and then requests that the Ethics Committee punish her with a reprimand or something worse. No mention, of course, of the endless obscene and vulgar language used by the holder of the nation's highest office, or the many crass and vulgar and undignified comments and behavior from her side of the aisle over the past decade or so. Trump IS the current GOP, and their base loves him, period. If that changes it will be due to outside events, like a deep recession/depression or some other disaster, and not due to Romney or Kasich or the GOP Establishment convincing the party to change course.

Last edited:
Any depression, recession, or disaster will he conveniently the fault of the Democratic House of Representatives. Just check with your aunt in a few months about it.

Any depression, recession, or disaster will he conveniently the fault of the Democratic House of Representatives. Just check with your aunt in a few months about it.

Don't forget about the Dem fueled Muslim terrorist attack.

That ignorant lazy mother fucker in the White House could have a heart attack tomorrow, and it will have nothing to do with his diet of Big Macs and aversion to exercise. It will be because people said mean things about him.

I don’t give two shits about specific invectives. More concerned than the hurlers of such are somewhat accurate in their assessments. And whatever is the effect of the language used. Trump is a disaster of a human and president. It needs to be said in a variety of ways.

What passes for Republican policy and philosophy is way more offensive.

Back