• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

like i said, wishful thinking.

You were right when you said different worlds.

There are three ways to stay out of poverty. You will have a very difficult time staying permanently poor in America if you manage to avoid self-disqualifying behavior. I know expectations make you guys nervous, but the math is unlikely to change.

As long as no Muslims come to America and those here are thrown out, sailor will be OK.

Jhmd’s little bit there provides for plenty of self-appreciating back-patting for suburbanite upper middle class boys for the wonderful behavior that kept them out of poverty, but it ignores all other factors that make him and his band of personal responsibility warriors uncomfortable and twitchy. We’ve been through it on these boards over and over, but enjoy the show. Try the veal

You were right when you said different worlds.

There are three ways to stay out of poverty. You will have a very difficult time staying permanently poor in America if you manage to avoid self-disqualifying behavior. I know expectations make you guys nervous, but the math is unlikely to change.

Again, if your answer to the problem of mass incarceration is "commit less crime," you either a)don't understand mass incarceration or b)don't give a fuck about "individual freedom," or both.

I don't understand why you blame the original offense on the subsequent punishment. If you don't want the subsequent punishment, don't commit the original offense. Different worlds.

The impetus to commit the original offense is a symptom of the greater problem of a cratered family unit. You solve that, and you will solve "mass incarceration." And a shitload of other things. Ready when you guys are.

But the "original offense" did not create the subsequent punishment. We created a system of oppression without any increase in the "original offense."

Different. Worlds.

Our system is so oppressive, people float on doors through shark-infested waters to get here for the chance to work here.

Mass incarceration is not a system of oppression. Good to know.

I don't understand why you blame the original offense on the subsequent punishment. If you don't want the subsequent punishment, don't commit the original offense. Different worlds.

The impetus to commit the original offense is a symptom of the greater problem of a cratered family unit. You solve that, and you will solve "mass incarceration." And a shitload of other things. Ready when you guys are.

I'm in. How do we solve it?

Maybe your party's leader can promise them a job in coal and they'll act right and whatnot

At this point, jobs. People want to work. Show me a thriving community with low unemployment that suffers from all of the problems that the Left pretends to care about. Those community do not exist.

Ok, more people are employed in solar/wind than ever before, and it's growing exponentially. Should we start pushing people into these fields, rather than ones that are surviving on government support?

I used to go down to chapel hill and party at the Phi Gam house and not feel my face for the whole weekend there was so much blow. Not to mention the cash on the books on any game that weekend . Drinking beers walking down the street underage. Good times and no cops and no jail

Without question (although government, like most weeds, is so invasive that just about every industry is t some degree "surviving on government support"; that's a problem for another day). Until that other day, we need to deploy that support wisely. I'm a big fan of new energy, mainly because I have no use for the Saudis. The fact that we could benefit tens of millions of American families and the environment in the process makes sticking it to the Saudis the third best reason to do that.

Clean energy for spite. Whatever blows your hair back, I guess

Without question (although government, like most weeds, is so invasive that just about every industry is t some degree "surviving on government support"; that's a problem for another day). Until that other day, we need to deploy that support wisely. I'm a big fan of new energy, mainly because I have no use for the Saudis. The fact that we could benefit tens of millions of American families and the environment in the process makes sticking it to the Saudis the third best reason to do that.

Totally agree. Offer educational grants to those already employed in the fossil fuel industry while allowing them to still work. Start new energy job development programs at JCs.

although government, like most weeds, is so invasive that just about every industry is t some degree "surviving on government support"

You mean like how the government subsidizes the prison industry?

The term "prison–industrial complex" (PIC), derived from the "military–industrial complex" of the 1950s,[1] describes the attribution of the rapid expansion of the US inmate population to the political influence of private prison companies and businesses that supply goods and services to government prison agencies for profit.[2] The most common and prominent agents of the PIC are corporations that contract cheap prison labor, construction companies, surveillance technology vendors, companies that operate prison food services and medical facilities,[3] private probation companies,[3] lawyers, and lobby groups that represent them.

If you stop welfare programs, poor folks will stop committing crime. #science

Back