• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Yeah really. Perhaps she could be a new face for the party but I seriously doubt she can run for office.

220px-Gabrielle_Giffords_official_portrait.jpg

Actually I think a true wild card like Gabby Giffords might get the Dems back in the game. She is a true patriot and team Trump would have their hands full with her. Also could probably deliver AZ.

If Trump and the GOP doesn't change their tone, anyone will be able to deliver AZ. The biggest problem is white millennials had their butt hurt and didn't stay home to vote for Hillary. ( http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...is-election-taught-us-about-millennial-voters ).

220px-Gabrielle_Giffords_official_portrait.jpg

Actually I think a true wild card like Gabby Giffords might get the Dems back in the game. She is a true patriot and team Trump would have their hands full with her. Also could probably deliver AZ.

If you're going for the sympathy patriot vote, Tammy Duckworth?

Is she charismatic?

The jokes would start within minutes of her announcing her candidacy. Kirk already tried to clown her. The deplorables won't take it easy.

Agreed, but thought you weren't a Harris fan? Would be surprised if all of the above plus Tulsi aren't among future Dem State of the Union rebuttal speakers.

I'm not and I hate the idea of a prosecutor running for president, but her resume is impressive and I don't think that brushing the transgressions of a corrupt police department under the rug for six months is particularly damning in this utterly insane political climate. Her progressive credentials are otherwise solid and I'm just desperate for a democrat that isn't beholden to neoliberal bullshit. I feel like Harris will be a good congressperson when it's all said and done. She ran an impressive campaign, I thought.

You've talked about how you were disappointed in Obama.

You've talked about how you were disappointed in Obama.

On this thread or in general? I think I've stated most of my critiques at this point, no? Most of them involve foreign policy, education policy, and a failure to get a handle on the financial system. The latter would have been a tall order for anybody. The first two were avoidable, IMO.

ETA: But I have the utmost respect for Obama. I think that he moved the country forward in so many ways, set the foundation (which will almost certainly be dismantled now) for single-payer health care, was a key figure in getting civil rights for LGBTQ folks, rescinded DOMA and supported DACA, and put racial and economic justice back on the agenda for the first time in 50 years. Among a lot of other really great things. Finally, we're going to miss having such a stellar representative to the world and role model for future generations of Americans.

Last edited:
I'm not and I hate the idea of a prosecutor running for president, but her resume is impressive and I don't think that brushing the transgressions of a corrupt police department under the rug for six months is particularly damning in this utterly insane political climate. Her progressive credentials are otherwise solid and I'm just desperate for a democrat that isn't beholden to neoliberal bullshit. I feel like Harris will be a good congressperson when it's all said and done. She ran an impressive campaign, I thought.

Thanks, she's sharp but thought she'd end up replacing Holder as AG or on the Supreme Court before Senator or beyond.

Revisiting Booker tangentially, one of my friends got shaken down by Gavin Newsom's campaign for a bribe disguised as a campaign contribution. Was while bidding on an SF construction contract when Newsom was first running for Mayor. Was really blatent, but friends who work in politics cracked up and claimed that's mild SOP by pols in both parties nationally. Gav will be the next CA Governor, but can't imagine what kinda corrupt shit went on with Booker, Christie, or Kamala's old boyfriend Willie Brown.

When someone who presumably graduated from Wake Forest believes to his core that the President governed as a liberal, we have truly reached the point where facts no longer matter.

Remember all the introspection pubs went through after two losses to Obama and how they meaningfully changed their message?

Back