• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Fuck no he wouldn't.

To switch subjects a bit, I agree with earlier posts that Biden needs to address what Ms. Reade has alleged. Assuming he says that nothing happened, where do we go from there?

Based on the standards set forth by Brad and theReff, there is nothing more to be done at that point- the man denied it so it must have been a political which hunt from the start. I'm not a mouth-breathing shitbag, so I don't buy their particular take. On the other hand, I would think there is not going to be a criminal inquiry for a variety of reasons. So what happens next?

So far it’s already a denial from the Biden campaign spokesperson. We may get no further in this. Again I just like hearing that some Dems think this deserves more scrutiny.

Meh. I am consistently surprised by how often a certain constituency on these is apparently more outraged by anything dems do, either on their own or in response to Republicans being monsters, than what the Republicans are actually doing that is significantly more monstrous . It's like a weird fetishy sort of thing I still have a hard time wrapping my head around, but it's there. A response like Warak's makes complete sense in light of it.

I think it comes down to the type of community that you want to be a part of and control that you as a member of that community has over how the community is being represented. I'm not a Republican. I obviously think that Trump sucks and is a piece of shit human, but he's also made it quite clear that he's not accountable to me because he's a partisan piece of shit. I hold the party, which I am a voting member of for my entire adult life, up to a higher standard, especially as the base starts to change and the politics are becoming increasingly progressive. It's disingenuous as shit to think that Townie doesn't care about Trump's history of rape and sexual assault (not to mention sexual harassment and a litany of other criminal allegations). Once posters start doing shit like that, then it's impossible to even have a discussion about these issues.

The question remains - how does the party that championed the message of #metoo and #believewomen respond to allegations against its presidential candidate of sexual assault and harassment? Republicans are definitely going to run wild with those questions in ads and debates, so Democrats better start thinking about answers. Likewise, the progressive bloc may appear insignificant to many of you, but I think that it pretty clearly represents the future of the party if you look at age breakdowns of candidate and issue preferences (which hold across gender and racial categories). How the Democrat Party responds to these issues has significant implications for the future of the party and, as Tarana Burke presciently notes, well beyond this single, unbelievably important election.

The answer to that question can't just be "well, whatabout Trump?!"

A certain segment of Bernie voters use it an an additional excuse to not vote, vote for Amash or some other asshole, or, worse, vote for Trump.

I wouldn't worry about Sanders supporters supporting Amash. He's going to peel off voters in the #nevertrump demographic, though, that Biden was supposed to be able to bring into the fold.

As far as Reade, I think her claims should be investigated and I think Biden should address them. Again, I don't know what else you want from me here.

You have recently started coming around to Reade. The initial response from you and others was that she couldn't be believed because she loved Putin (or something), #believewomen was a tool that legitimized lynching (or something), and that it didn't matter because Trump was worse. You drew on her initial reports to invalidate her change in story and quoted some truly fucked up responses to her allegations from Biden surrogates and liberal media personalities. Just today, you deflected by calling Townie and I Bernie Bros and suggested that our politics were opposed to Tarana Burke's despite the fact that we have consistently advocated for a semblance of accountability from the get-go and have responded multiple times with specifities that you and Sig, maybe others? have asked for.

The quoted post above is what I want from you and I'm happy that you have finally just come out and said it without equivocation, and without personally insulting me and my politics. It sounds like we're now on the same page. Let's get down to business and get our imperfect dotard elected.

Meh. I am consistently surprised by how often a certain constituency on these is apparently more outraged by anything dems do, either on their own or in response to Republicans being monsters, than what the Republicans are actually doing that is significantly more monstrous . It's like a weird fetishy sort of thing I still have a hard time wrapping my head around, but it's there. A response like Warak's makes complete sense in light of it.

There are dozens and dozens of threads about how dumb Trump and gang are.

There’s a contingent here who thinks resistance literally just looks like calling him a Cheeto in chief.

Neither trump nor his voters are interested in holding him accountable. I don’t think any amount of scolds here from shitlibs will change that. Hence why I prefer to critique the feckless opposition who could actually be useful but choose not to.

Put it another way, the next time the Dems stand behind an accuser of a GOP politician the GOP will come out and say they’re playing politics. Shitty they’re gonna be, generally, right.

What the fuck is this? Do you even read Townie's posts, man?

I think every poster on this board would unequivocally support a sustained inquiry into allegations against Donald Trump. Even Colonel Anus.

Obviously I can only speak for myself, but I would unequivocally support a sustained inquiry into allegations against Trump.

It sucks for Sig that he is wrong yet again but he's had plenty of practice over his lifetime to get used to it.

Put it another way, the next time the Dems stand behind an accuser of a GOP politician the GOP will come out and say they’re playing politics. Shitty they’re gonna be, generally, right.

This.

Obviously I can only speak for myself, but I would unequivocally support a sustained inquiry into allegations against Trump.

It sucks for Sig that he is wrong yet again but he's had plenty of practice over his lifetime to get used to it.

I know, man. Nobody on here is actually deranged enough to say otherwise. Y’all went to Wake, ffs.

You have recently started coming around to Reade. The initial response from you and others was that she couldn't be believed because she loved Putin (or something), #believewomen was a tool that legitimized lynching (or something), and that it didn't matter because Trump was worse. You drew on her initial reports to invalidate her change in story and quoted some truly fucked up responses to her allegations from Biden surrogates and liberal media personalities. Just today, you deflected by calling Townie and I Bernie Bros and suggested that our politics were opposed to Tarana Burke's despite the fact that we have consistently advocated for a semblance of accountability from the get-go and have responded multiple times with specifities that you and Sig, maybe others? have asked for.

The quoted post above is what I want from you and I'm happy that you have finally just come out and said it without equivocation, and without personally insulting me and my politics. It sounds like we're now on the same page. Let's get down to business and get our imperfect dotard elected.

Strick, my position has been consistent. Investigate. Don’t just believe whatever people say. Investigate in a fair and just manner.

LOL. Next time they’re going to say that. NEXT TIME. Townie, they’re always going to say anyone who accuses a Republican of anything is playing politics. It’s projection. Republicans playing politics with the Reade allegations. Taking an anti-Biden stance instead of a pro-investigation stance just emboldens the Republicans and reaffirms this as a political ploy instead of a search for truth and accountability.

no you wouldn’t

Ph - Are the women on your Facebook feed still posting stories about their experiences with sexual assault as they did during the Kavanaugh confirmation?

If not... why?

Probably posting about creepy old men ogling young college women wearing sombreros. Interesting that a creepy old guy is upset about... a touchy feely old guy.

Trump, biden, mark meadows, and col anus should all get full investigations.

there is not a single person on here who meets the following criteria:

thinks Trump should not be held accountable for his sexual abuse and harassment
has an IQ over 70

please stop any claims of hypocrisy for those that want full accountability for Biden

Journalists. And that’s about it. These allegations aren’t going anywhere IMO. Biden needs to address them and move on.

Yea nobody is pressing charges against Biden. That's one main difference with some of the Trump allegations that settled out of court.

Journalists have and are continuing to follow up on this story.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/30/politics/biden-vice-president-selection-committee/index.html

"The presumptive Democratic nominee also said he might announce cabinet positions along with his vice-presidential pick before the election in November. He said he would consider a bipartisan cabinet, telling donors Wednesday that he would not place "any limitation on if someone were a Republican, if they're the best qualified person" to serve in a cabinet post."

lololol what a stupid party

Who do we think should do all this investigating?

Journalists. And that’s about it. These allegations aren’t going anywhere IMO. Biden needs to address them and move on.

Yea nobody is pressing charges against Biden. That's one main difference with some of the Trump allegations that settled out of court.

Journalists have and are continuing to follow up on this story.

So they (Trump and Biden) are both already being investigated...no?

Back