• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

The first sentence you quoted is the same thing I said. What is your point? Defects are normal? No shit. These aren't normal times. Defections are a problem that needs to be fixed.
Here ya go, buddy - these are the Bernie or Bust non-voters that you're so worked up about. I encourage you to confront them, instead of confronting me on their behalf. If your argument against Trump is as persuasive as you believe it is, then you should have success

establishment dems be like

donald trump and kanye west pose serious electoral threats to our awesome and most electable guy we could think of
And that most electable guy beat the guy you supported who ran on an electoral strategy of winning the nomination with 35% support handily.

And that most electable guy beat the guy you supported who ran on an electoral strategy of winning the nomination with 35% support handily.

Biden winning the Dem primary is like getting voted homeschool prom king.

Here ya go, buddy - these are the Bernie or Bust non-voters that you're so worked up about. I encourage you to confront them, instead of confronting me on their behalf. If your argument against Trump is as persuasive as you believe it is, then you should have success

The guy's next tweet is below. Seems like a common challenge in politics today, but how do you persuade someone so divorced from reality?

Exactly. That “Republican from 2008” was the VP nominee in 2008 and he’s got the most progressive platform we’ve seen from a nominee and that’s before officially adopting anything from the unity platform.

The guy's next tweet is below. Seems like a common challenge in politics today, but how do you persuade someone so divorced from reality

Not going to get into another slapfight about the Democratic understanding of "reality", but were I you or Ph, I might question why I felt the Democratic nominee deserved the vote of people who clearly.dont share Democratic "reality". You can't claim voters in your "big tent" party and refuse to represent their voices.

hqdefault.jpg

It honestly puzzles me how people spend a whole.primary claiming that the leftist candidate is unelectable because they will turn-off conservative voters and then failing to recognize that their candidate turns off leftist voters. Its the exact same principle. If Biden gets 85-90% of Bernies primary voters you all should be fucking thrilled.

if you have 5 million dollars to start new dem-focused voting campaign do you

1. try to persuade people who aren't interested in politics (too busy, politics doesn't matter to me, etc.) to vote
2. try to persuade people who don't want to vote (system is broken, bernie should have won, etc.) to vote

It honestly puzzles me how people spend a whole.primary claiming that the leftist candidate is unelectable because they will turn-off conservative voters and then failing to recognize that their candidate turns off leftist voters. Its the exact same principle. If Biden gets 85-90% of Bernies primary voters you all should be fucking thrilled.

If a "leftist voter" takes an honest look at the platforms of both candidates and decides not to vote, so be it. It's hard for me to understand that stance, but I don't object. Much more frustrating to me is to make that call based on an objectively false characterization of one of the candidates, and then amplify that lie on social media to your 15k followers.

That's a deliberate misrepresentation of what people have been saying. One day you're going to realize that Bernie is just not as attractive of a candidate as you think he is and it has little to do with policy.

If a "leftist voter" takes an honest look at the platforms of both candidates and decides not to vote, so be it. It's hard for me to understand that stance, but I don't object. Much more frustrating to me is to make that call based on an objectively false characterization of one of the candidates, and then amplify that lie on social media to your 15k followers.

Exactly.

I could find you plenty of Democrats on twitter who made similarly hyperbolic and stupid criticisms of Bernie, and still do. I dont bring that up as a "whataboutism", but to point out that what's good for the goose is good for the gander. How was Bernie supposed to win over voters who had been convinced he was a communist puppet of Vlademir Putin? He couldn't. Thats just politics.

One day you're going to realize that Bernie is just not as attractive of a candidate as you think he is and it has little to do with policy.

That's interesting, because that's the exact thing I'm telling you that about Joe Biden right now, and you refuse to hear it. You can't handle a niche of dissention from your point of view, and yet have the gall to cast others as unreasonable.

Also,I'm well aware that Bernie wasn't as attractive to.other voters as he was to me. He lost twice, so...duh? That doesn't change my priorities or concerns.

That's interesting, because that's the exact thing I'm telling you that about Joe Biden right now, and you refuse to hear it. You can't handle a niche of dissention from your point of view, and yet have the gall to cast others as unreasonable.

And again, you misrepresent people who disagree with you. You can't handle people disagreeing with you so you mythologize them as unreasonable.

Also,I'm well aware that Bernie wasn't as attractive to.other voters as he was to me. He lost twice, so...duh? That doesn't change my priorities or concerns.

How weird. Biden won, yet I completely understand why he won and that he's overall not that attractive. But I realize he's the method by which things will get better.

I realize he's the method by which things will get better.

I'm well aware you think that, I just don't know why you keep repeating it *at me*. Maybe these same arguments wouldn't keep repeating themselves if half your posts weren't rhetorical trolling exercises intended to drag people into stupid arguments, for example, you could have just said you disagreed with Osita Nwanevu's tweet, instead of disengeniously acting as if you didn't know what his point was. It might surprise you, but I actually don't enjoy wasting my braincells in these stupid fucking arguments with you, when neither of us are going to change each other's minds.

ph, when you frame every political opinion you disagree with as confusing or hard to understand, it baits people into explaining shit to you, in good faith, which you then jump all over them for, forcing them into defending a view point they might not even ascribe to. It's fucking tiresome.

Last edited:
Back