• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

You guys are really beating up on that obvious hyperbole. I hope you’re not suggesting that throwaway comment counts as a boside

Regarding Manchin, there is culturally a large subset of voters who really love this maverick cowboy contrarian “I’m not a liberal!” bullshit. It doesn’t matter in the slightest how unpopular he is nationally, he’s playing to his base and they eat this shit up with a spoon.

I've learned on the Tunnels that threats of violence and destroying property is only hyperbole and not to be taken seriously when it comes from a lib or progressive. And it's definitely not fascist or a threat to democracy. Some would even deem it anti-fascist as their motives are pure.

Yet many of the same posters on this board cheering on the 'hyperbole' would have you believe 1/6/21 is one of the worst events in US History rivaled only by the Civil War and 9/11.

Good stuff

Last edited:
I've learned on the Tunnels that threats of violence and destroying property is only hyperbole and not to be taken seriously when it comes from a lib or progressive. And it's definitely not fascist or a threat to democracy. Some would even deem it anti-fascist as their motives are pure.

Yet many of the same posters on this board cheering on the 'hyperbole' would have you believe 1/6/21 is one of the worst events in US History rivaled only by the Civil War and 9/11.

Good stuff

The funny (sad?) thing is, when Brad typed this out, he thought "GOTCHA!"

Seriously, woof. I know you’re some sort of brilliant contrarian but that’s a biiit of a stretch.

Whatever you gotta do to feel less uncomfortable about 1/6 I guess.

odd how you online cyberwarriors don't see how it's identical to say mad things online and to storm the US Capitol and kill people

civil war = American fighting other Americans for their "right" to own humans in order to exploit them for economic gain. fred trump sure hated black people.

9/11 = an attack on Americans carried out largely by and with the funding of Saudi Arabians. That point is often overlooked and not just by the trump's dying to make that sweet sweet Saudi cash grab.

1/6 = Americans fighting for their "right" to overturn an election based entirely on the lies of lil donnie snowflake. For a second time in American history insurrection against America occurred and people like you are endorsing it as a legitimate form of peaceful expression. did you actively work to avoid all those videos? are you really so broken that you think, "we really mean well! I swear!! there is no way that ugliness was caused by the side that makes me feel loved, cared for, in the know and intelligent!!! I'm finally one of the cool kids!!!! wait. what? antifa??? <hits forehead> THAT makes perfect sense. whew. worldview shaken but not broken!!!!!"

odd how you online cyberwarriors don't see how it's identical to say mad things online and to storm the US Capitol and kill people

Meh. Politics should be a much more dangerous occupation for both sides of the aisle. None of them should be insulated from the material and physical harms they cause. The opportunity for enrichment needs to be balanced out by equal risk of some kind, and we already know there’s no criminal risk.

Meh. Politics should be a much more dangerous occupation for both sides of the aisle. None of them should be insulated from the material and physical harms they cause. The opportunity for enrichment needs to be balanced out by equal risk of some kind, and we already know there’s no criminal risk.

idk what this addresses or even means in relation to my post making fun of brad and jh

fwiw i think it's ok to yell at kyrsten sinema in bathrooms or on airplanes or whatever, but don't think it's ok to plot an insurrection on a govt building

idk what this addresses or even means in relation to my post making fun of brad and jh

fwiw i think it's ok to yell at kyrsten sinema in bathrooms or on airplanes or whatever, but don't think it's ok to plot an insurrection on a govt building

Did you think it was okay to open fire on a group of Congressmen playing baseball? Please link me to your posts condemning the rhetoric of Dems then.

Did you think it was okay to open fire on a group of Congressmen playing baseball? Please link me to your posts condemning the rhetoric of Dems then.

sorry, let's back up, since you're drawing lines in directions i'm not.

i don't think it's ok to open fire on a group of congressmen playing baseball. i am unaware of dem rhetoric that incited it, but believe anyone that would open fire like that is susceptible to inflammatory rhetoric.

i don't believe you posting blandly about the debt being too high is tantamount to thinking trump is great and that the 1/6 insurrection was worthwhile and good

nor do i think anyone who posts they want "politicians held accountable for material harm" to paraphrase mdmh should result in physical, material harm or fear for one's safety in any way

hope that clears things up!

I don’t think being yelled at in public for a few months is a legitimate discouragement for American politicians - it probably strengthens those assholes conviction to be screamed at. America has no societal or criminal structure in place to hold political or economic ambition to account. The threat of insurrection isn’t the problem IMO, the problem is that the *only* people threatening insurrrection are rightwing fascist nut jobs brain poisoned by YouTube conspiracy theories and Fox News.

it feels like you're reaching for the philosophical concept of immediacy - making the effects of congressional action real to our leaders instead of mediating it with language/reporting/media/geography - but I don't want to put words into your mouth

it feels like you're reaching for the philosophical concept of immediacy - making the effects of congressional action real to our leaders instead of mediating it with language/reporting/media/geography - but I don't want to put words into your mouth

Yes, I think you understand what I mean.

Imagine a person who believes the Second Amendment helps hold politicians accountable through unfettered access to guns telling people who are against that interpretation that they supported opening fire on a group of politicians.

Crazy, right? It’s almost like that person realizes they’re wrong but projects those horrible opinions on others instead of acknowledging their own faults.

Imagine a person who believes the Second Amendment helps hold politicians accountable through unfettered access to guns telling people who are against that interpretation that they supported opening fire on a group of politicians.

Crazy, right? It’s almost like that person realizes they’re wrong but projects those horrible opinions on others instead of acknowledging their own faults.

Not all of us share your blind reverence for local law enforcement as the sole protectors of our households. The right to self-defense is the headwater of the Second Amendment.

Democrat politicians affirmatively encouraging their constituents to angrily confront politicians they don't agree with is far different conduct.

Back