• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Only the past and that he's (Manchin) there now are inevitable, I guess. And that we have had for some time giddily and glibly destructive Republican opposition to decency (honesty, reality, etc.).

I mean, it's fine to complain that we can't get needed shit done. But I don't know how we will unless people are better persuaded about what's good/needed and demand it from their representatives.

We'll be lucky to get much done with the current congress. I'm just hoping for some watered down versions of the spending bills to pass.

lol this is your time to shine chris, you've got JOE BIDEN as president, a complete stalemate deadlock in congress, and two centrists are the most powerful people in congress. you must be overjoyed!
No I'm not I support Joe Biden's agenda. But this is really a microcosm of the problem with the progressive movement. Self-righteousness urban elites who comprise most of the intellectual base of the progressive movement love to complain about how democrats don't reach out to working class people but they are cultural kryptonite to these same people.

So…what we need is the right kind of strongman…?

I mean, when your party hold the slimmest of majorities any one representative will have the potential for powerful obstructionism.

It’s the people of WV whut put Manchin in office, yes?

Seems to me it boils down to the need for ongoing efforts to educate and persuade people.

Winning the climate change debate is and has never been about more convincing arguments, education, better data, better models, it has always been about money and power. We need more money and power.

Thanks for posting. As a parent of three children in daycare in the dual income middle class group referenced, I'm already bracing for the tsunami of childcare costs skyrocketing, the child tax credit not getting extending, and the student loan pause ending all at roughly the same time. Reading the child tax credit may get extended one year gives me at least a glimmer of hope we won't get fully buried. It already sucked whatever raises my wife and I received over the previous few years seem to get eaten up by childcare cost increases. Also made just enough money after taxes to not qualify for the last stimulus despite having to pay mucho $ for childcare and student loans, while the retired boomers with giant nest eggs got checks to add to their pile of cash.

Last edited:
There are huge differences between Joe Manchin and the pub who would support none if this.

Coincidentally there are just enough differences between Manchin and a Republican that Manchin is a Democrat who *both* gets support from Dems like you, and gets support from Republicans for obstructing his own party. Do you believe that Manchin just naturally and randomly developed such a convenient ideology?

The larger point is that it looks foolish for you Democrats to act as if you are at the mercy of a random political configuration where your entire political platform just so happens to be obstructed by a small handful of *very necessary* conservatives - Conservatives whom you conveniently have no power over and are scared of even chastising.

Politics is crazy, huh?

Last edited:
No I'm not I support Joe Biden's agenda. But this is really a microcosm of the problem with the progressive movement. Self-righteousness urban elites who comprise most of the intellectual base of the progressive movement love to complain about how democrats don't reach out to working class people but they are cultural kryptonite to these same people.

lol ok when was the last time you knocked doors? christ, get off twitter dude.

Lol. This could not be more wrong.

lol ok when was the last time you knocked doors? christ, get off twitter dude.
I don't need to knock on doors or view twitter to see election results and Republican messaging strategy and how effective it is in these parts of the country.

Last edited:
Really just buying up all the NYTimes propaganda that working class=white.

I don't need to knock on doors or view twitter to see election results and Republican messaging strategy and how it's effective it is in these parts of the country.

So now you suddenly subscribe to the same definition of “elite” as Donald Trump and Tucker Carlson? Basically anyone younger than 30 with a liberal arts degree?

So now you suddenly subscribe to the same definition of “elite” as Donald Trump and Tucker Carlson? Basically anyone younger than 30 with a liberal arts degree?
It doesn't matter who I think of as an elite because I vote Democrat I'm not the target audience here.

Self-righteous* urban elites who comprise most of the intellectual base of the progressive movement.

I see your true colors, and that’s why I love you. So don’t be afraid to let them show. Your true colors are beautiful, like a rainbow.

"urban elite" is a helluva dogwhistle from a white Democrat living in NC lol

are cities like Greensboro urban or have we decided that suburban hell with a downtown =/= urban?

You guys never change. I'm glad Strickland's back with his idiotic political takes imagine he will try to craft me into bkf now.

Last edited:
Back