• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

2 years ago today, Bernie gave this speech

I can see why Chris hates him so much

FCKIM8cXEAgywLa

and Dems are going to lose accordingly in 2022

and ChrisL will blame urban elites, young people, and progressive policy

rinse repeat

So do you think Biden's approval rating would shoot up with a 3.5 trillion plan vs a 1.8 trillion plan? I am skeptical.

j

So do you think Biden's approval rating would shoot up with a 3.5 trillion plan vs a 1.8 trillion plan? I am skeptical.

j

man i don't fucking care

i want good shit to pass that'll help people who need it and progress to happen in a country that badly needs some hope right now

i think you and i just see very different versions of society, man. it might not be possible to reconcile these perspectives, either, and that's probably okay. your side is obviously on top right now. just get some shit done already and stop losing to schmucks like Manchin and Sinema lol

2 years ago today, Bernie gave this speech

I can see why Chris hates him so much

FCKIM8cXEAgywLa

I don't hate Bernie. I just don't think he is very effective and often counter-productive.

That op-ed in WV did wonders on Manchin though!

man i don't fucking care

i want good shit to pass that'll help people who need it and progress to happen in a country that badly needs some hope right now

So constantly saying the dems are going to lose in ______-!!! is just meaningless bitching? I agree.

I don't hate Bernie. I just don't think he is very effective and often counter-productive.

That op-ed in WV did wonders on Manchin though!

you're right about being ineffective. nobody has fought harder for biden's agenda. not biden, not kamala, not jayapal, nobody.

imagine if biden even attempted to fight for his own agenda

i think what really emerges from this whole thing is that biden is just a coward

it is what it is

i feel like most of us knew that by even merely glancing at his record as a politician but we held our noses and fell in line again, only to get derailed by (future turncoat) shills from West Virginia and Arizona lol

What a load of horseshit. The fairy tales you guys tell yourselves.

are you happy with the current political situation, ChrisL?

Aside from "monsters of the week" Sinema and Manchin (and the entire progressive wing of the Democrat party), who is responsible for Biden's failed negotiation strategy?

are you happy with the current political situation, ChrisL?

Aside from "monsters of the week" Sinema and Manchin (and the entire progressive wing of the Democrat party), who is responsible for Biden's failed negotiation strategy?
No I'm not. However stomping your feet holding your breath and getting really really mad and pretending like if Biden did the same thing it would magically change reality is not a realistic assessment. Hero worshipping LBJ from the 1960s isnt either.

Much like Bernie visiting more cities and stops on Biden's behalf than Biden did in the 2020 campaign, Bernie has been on every tv network, penned op-eds in a dozen state and national newspapers, and has been working to keep the caucus together in spite of everything the center is doing to tear it apart. Biden comes out of hiding every couple weeks and says ok guys let's do something.

Much like Bernie visiting more cities and stops on Biden's behalf than Biden did in the 2020 campaign, Bernie has been on every tv network, penned op-eds in a dozen state and national newspapers, and has been working to keep the caucus together in spite of everything the center is doing to tear it apart. Biden comes out of hiding every couple weeks and says ok guys let's do something.
Has it moved the needle at all? No

Biden can’t just browbeat Manchin or any Dem into going along with some legislation. That’s part of the challenge of dealing with a lot of people with their own ideas.

I love Bernie Sanders and I despise Joe Biden, but the truth is that Bernie wastes his energy campaigning for people who have no power to give him. Same with Sunrise. Even if Biden had the strength or mental accuity to traverse the country stumping for his agenda, he probably wouldn’t because he knows his popular support is baked in just as his support in Congress is baked in. Bernies campaigning for Biden means as little as Bernies campaigning for Bernie.

Or maybe they're campaigning against people who can take away power.

It would honestly be hard to concoct a scenario where a sitting president would have less leverage over a member of Congress than Biden does over Manchin. You don't have to like it but that's just the reality of the situation.

Back